Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Huge problems with E7 :((

Contributor
bregje666

Huge problems with E7 :((

Boy, where do I start?

Okay, since yesterday the only thing I can do with my phone is.. Calling someone...

It started a few months ago with some minor probs, like sudden reboots. But things got worse... apps not working (starting up and then... nothing), photoalbum that isn't shown, 'system error', not capable of looking up contacts or getting into my phone memory, even text messaging or receiving text isn't possible anymore!

I've tried to update the phone via Nokia Suite, but there is no software update available. I could sync my pics (after restarting a couple of times), but not my contacts. Making a back-up and resetting the complete system could be the only thing I can try.. but then again... I'm gonna loose all my contacts in that way (since the system doesn't can get to them anymore). My apologies for my bad English, but I really hope someone can help with this *&%^&#@.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Definitely do a full backup through Nokia suite if the phone still connects to PC!

If you are syncing to Outlook, have a separate contacts database within Outlook called "Phone contacts or Contacts mobile" or similar (Outlook>New folder>Contacts>contians contact items)

then point your synch profile in Nokia suite to that "Folder".

Nokia suite Menu    Tools>Options>Phone sync (scroll to) Contacts>More Options> Microsoft Outlook>Change

At the very least, try to sync to Nokia suite or send contacts to USB key  via (USB otg)...

Hope this helps...

Former Psion 3a-5-5mx & Psion netbook (Symbian) user who had an E63, E71
Now an E7 casualty remembering the 8 replacement Nokia Orange (or was that Lemon?) 2140's I had in 1996...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bregje666

Although my phone SOMETIMES connects to Nokia Suite, I don't think I can preform a 'total back-up' because there is no synchronisation of my contacts possible.

Or does that work in another way? :smileyfrustrated:

I really, really, really don't wanna loose all my contacts!  

What do you suggest after making a back-up? A total reset? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi bregje666,

We suggest you to back up your phone as stated previously by using the following methods:

A) To USB Stick.

1. Connect the USB stick by using the USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable (included in the sales package) to your E7-00 USB port.
  2. Select Menu Office > File Mgr. > Backup.

B) To PC by using Nokia Suite.

1. Start Nokia Suite on your PC.
  2. Connect your E7-00 to the PC by using the USB cable (included in the sales package).
  3. Select PC Suite on the device.
  4. Select Tools Backup on Nokia Suite (PC).

If you back up your contacts to Ovi by Nokia, you can easily copy your contacts to a new device. If your device is stolen or damaged, you can still access your contacts list online.

Select Menu > Contacts and Options > Nokia sync .

If you allow automatic synchronization, all the changes you make in the contacts list are automatically backed up to Nokia.

You need a Nokia account to do this. If you do not have an account, create one at www.nokia.com . You are also prompted to create an account, if you access any Nokia service using your device.

If you use Nokia Sync to automatically synchronize your contacts with Nokia, do not allow contact synchronization with any other service as there may be conflicts. Nokia Sync for contacts is not available if you have activated contacts synchronization in Mail for Exchange.

After doing this, Please perform the following reset on your phone. Keep into mind that this reset requires users to back up their device because all data will be wiped from the phone.

Hard Reset

*#7370# - Enter this into your keypad

12345 - Enter this when prompted for a passcode

Hope this helps with you issue.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Are you using Windows 7 or?

Are you using Office or?

How are you conncting to Nokia suite Cable or Bluetooth?

Now an E7 casualty remembering the 8 replacement Nokia Orange (or was that Lemon?) 2140's I had in 1996...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bregje666

I don't understand what you mean.

My Nokia works on Symbian Anna (softwareversion 024.001)

I always connect the phone on my laptop (windows 7, laptop-version) with the cable.

I have two mailaccounts synchronized with my phone, but not use any of the other Office-tools.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bregje666

Well did the hard reset and set the back up on the phone... didn't work.

Still the same problems... anyone got an idea?? Please??

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Your "total backup" would be to Nokia suite on the PC/Laptop or to th OVI cloud as suggested by the Nokia rep.

I asked my questions to get a handle on what OpSystem and Productivity suite you were using...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bregje666

Your suggesstion didn't help :smileysad:

I don't know what to do anymore.

I've send an email to Nokia Service Center, but haven't got a respons yet.

I almost feel like throwing the phone out of the windows... this is so frustrating!

Feeling tricked...gave a lot of money, received a lot of trouble...

This is nothing better then the stupid iPhone I had before this E7... 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JUST_NO_ONE

why don't you try to copy all your contact to the sim card?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

I just got my E7 back from Nokiacare and was told there was nothing wrong after the agent told me he couldn't connect over USB!?

But, after my computers not recognising I tried to uninstall ALL Nokia software from PC, then re-plug. Lo' and behold it gets recognised, I install Nokia Suite, restore and all's working again...

Try the uninstall (from PC) if you haven't already...

Please use plain text.