Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

I drooped my new N8 in water. motherboard got shor...

Registered Member
shyamprasad86

Re: I drooped my new N8 in water. motherboard got shorted. What to do? can i get a spare motherboard

Hey Karthik believe me, same day even i lost my N8... I was at beach water splashed into my jacket and my Lovely N8 was dead.. I gave it to nokia centre they told nothin can be done and offered me 2000/- as scrap value... I took it to other nokia care and found my n8 working but without touch sensor... now i have to use my cell without touch screen...:-(

Please use plain text.
Sage
Ray1

Re: I drooped my new N8 in water. motherboard got shorted. What to do? can i get a spare motherboard

i'm sad to hear your news.

deepest condolence.

this is why i consider getting a life proof phone, 

the motorola defy seems like a good choice.

perhaps nokia should make a similar life proof phone as well.

Please use plain text.
Sage
d12south

[ Edited ]

Im very sad to hear about your Nokia N8.

The only thing I can tell you is , you should have searched this forum before doing anything.

I posted a few months ago my expierience when my Nokia N8 was dropped in the water in the exact same conditions as you.

Heres my post: 

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/Nokia-N8-fell-into-the-water-What-should-I-do/m-p/901267#M251779

Needless to say, today my Nokia N8 works 95% ok.

Im very happy with it.

Peace!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ajaydevdwal

Re: I drooped my new N8 in water. motherboard got shorted. What to do? can i get a spare motherboard?

i have also this problam ..... i am also upset ....

water goes in ...and   motherboard short..........      nokia care expance  7000-8000 thousend....

is this right......  pls anyone suggess....... i am in trouble.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anushka143

Any Nokia Priority dealer would help you.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

ajaydevdwal - I would advise you to go for another phone. Water damage is very dangerous issue. The affected parts may start acting up after some time too. i.e.you replace one now and the other which is working now starts failing in due course. So instead of spending this amount on repairs youmay add some money and buy a new phone may be with a newer OS like WP8 because Symbian is already dieing..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Karthikeyan_M

Re: I drooped my new N8 in water. motherboard got shorted. What to do? can i get a spare motherboard?

The interesting fact is am still using my N8..
Let me tell you how i got my N8 to wok again,.

After my My N8 board got dead, i carried it to many service Nokia service centers where each place came up with different solutions
1) In one nokia center the person contacted me personally and asked me to sell my mobile for 7000 rs INR.

2) Other center told they will try with a new component from delhi, which will cost 4000 & i have to pay it if that turns my mobile up.I allowed them, but no luck.

3) the last center, where again the service persoin contacted me & told that if i do the phone service directly it wil cost aroung 7000, but he will do the service personally for me, off the service center & i need to pay him only half the amount.

I agreed, and the person was genuine, and we came friends.
He did a great service & mobile was back.

After a while i got problem again, then too i searched him & meet him, again serviced my mobile.

Still now my N8 works like charm, except that i lost my front camera alone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Karthikeyan_M

If you reside in chennai, Tamil nadu i can help you.
No business motivation here, just want to help a fellow owner of my favourite mobile N8.
Thanks guys for your support.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vinoop

I drooped my new N8 in water. motherboard got shorted. What to do? can i get a spare motherboard?....Who wil give 6500 for spare....
Please use plain text.