Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

I have a problem with my nokia 5233... a pretty se...

Advisor
ghostmw2

I have a problem with my nokia 5233... a pretty serious one.

I bought my nokia 5233 sometime in january it worked fine until april or so, it would switch off automatically (this happened rarely though)... at first i disregarded it thinking that i would have pressed the power button by mistake... since two days this phenomenon is happening atleast about 7-8 times, now i have started to become concerned, i wouldn't like to take my phone to the nokia care yet coz here in my country (india) the nokia care guys try to fleece you saying something has gone wrong which is not covered by warranty. would any of you guys help me in diagnosing the problem so that i can fix it myself before i take it to nokia care??? thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: I have a problem with my nokia 5233... a pretty serious one.

There could be a few reasons for this. Start with the simple ones like a loose battery. Remove the battery clean contacts and replace, making sure it is seated properly and firmly.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ghostmw2

i did try that ^... but that didnt really help, it switched off yet again, i even formatted my memory card (maybe a virus could be causing trouble)... wasn't of help :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

OK, then next is to check the sim card and memory card. Try it with another sim card and also try it without the memory card.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ghostmw2

i did remove the memory card... the problem seemed to persist

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Then try the sim card. If that doesn't work, backup your phone and try the *#7370# reset. At this stage you have pretty much tried everything you can try yourself. If the problem still persists then you should have it checked out at your local Nokia Care Point.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ghostmw2

will updating the phone help in any way?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

It may, if there is an update available. Worth trying if there is one available.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ghostmw2

okay, will try and get back.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ghostmw2

Okay, the phone hasn't shut down for like 7-8 hours now, will wait further and watch before i update :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ghostmw2

okay, my phone is running fine, I took it to nokia care, they reinstalled the firmware for free. They said it was a software prob. Secondly, I wish to know if there is a facebook app through which you can check the notifications because the pre-installed facebook app doesn't show notifications.

Thanks guys

Please use plain text.