Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

I need to make a Hard Reset for my x6

Contributor
mhmtlplt
Accepted Solution

I need to make a Hard Reset for my x6

I have a problem about switching on my phone (Nokia x6 16gb). When i see NOKIA screen on my phone while im switching on, it's freezing and not keep going. What should i do? Should i make a hard reset or something else? And if i should choose hard reset, could you tell me how can i do it please?

Thanks..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: I need to make a Hard Reset for my x6

Before you  hard reset, try starting the phone without the memory card and sim card and see what happens.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mhmtlplt

i couldn't find the memory card, do i have a memory card on nokia x6 16 gb?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Sorry, there isn't a memory card on the X6. Just try it without the sim.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mhmtlplt

i made it but it still doesn't work :l
my phone freezed on the NOKIA screen..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Looks like you have no option but to hard reset. 

To hard reset, press and hold the green call button + red end call button and the camera capture button, then turn on the phone using the power button while holdling the other buttons until you see the Nokia handshake.

Nota that you will lose all your data in your phone unless you already have a backup of your phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mhmtlplt

I made it and it does worked, thanks a lot.
And now i think i will lose all the things (images, musics, apps and the other things) that i have before.
What should i do to don't lose them again if i will face with this problem again?
Make a back-up on PC Suite? Or are there any better way?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Yes, back up your phone using Ovi Suite regularly to avoid losing any data. You can also sync some of your data with applications such as Microsoft Outlook but I think Ovi Suite is easier.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mhmtlplt

Thanks a lot..
Actually now i looked and i saw that i didn't lose Mass Memory :smileyvery-happy:
But i have a last more question if you don't mind, i can't listen the musics that i downloaded with Ovi Music Store. It wants license from me. And now i need get license for each of 1000 musics one by one. Is there any way to get all of them licensed again?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Ah yes, you have the songs on the mass storage but lost the license keys on the phone memory. You should contact Noia Care using the "Contact us" tab to the top right of this screen about that. They should be able to help yuou.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mhmtlplt

Thanks a lot for everything :smileyhappy:
Have a nice day :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You are welcome. you have a nice day too. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
bless52

Hi There

Just want to conform something. I've done soft reset to my nokia x6 16gb but after resetting my web browser doesn't work so as Ovi store.How can I solve this.

After doing hard reset does the data in mass memory also gets deleted?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You need to backup your data before the hard reset because it should wipe the mass storage as well.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Raunaq90

Thanx a ton...!! It worked..!! cheers.. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
domac385

Hi!

I did hard reset of my Nokia X6 phone. Before resetting, I did backup of all the contentc on the phone with Nokia PC Suite. While doing backup it said that it will backup:

1. user files from phone memory

2. user files from mass memory

3. contacts

4. calendar

5. notes

6. messages

7. bookmarks

8. settings

and I have a problem with restoring those files back on. When the backup was over it said that all of the above was backuped, and now when I've restored it to the phone after hard reset I realised that my messages and settings are not restored.

Why?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Though this should not happen normally, you may first try to Restore again. Else, have you also Synced your messages / contacts with the Nokia suite (apart from taking the back-up) ? If so, you may Drag-and-Drop them to the appropriate folders in the Phone (..at the bottom next to the Phone icon).

Please use plain text.
domac385

I tried twice and it is the same thing.
I haven't synchronised messages beside normal backup
Please use plain text.
vikraant

To hard reset, press and hold the green call button + red end call button and the camera capture button, then turn on the phone using the power button while holdling the other buttons until you see the Nokia handshake.

i used this trick but didn't work. so what i do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Its  a bit tricky ..You may not get it RIGHT in the first attemt .. Give few more tries ...

Please use plain text.