Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: I thought N97 FW2.0 was supposed to free up ph...

Sage

I thought N97 FW2.0 was supposed to free up phone memory!?

So how come since installing it, my available phone memory has gone DOWN from about 24MB to 15MB??

Jesus...

Please use plain text.
Sage
matto73

Re: I thought N97 FW2.0 was supposed to free up phone memory!?

[ Edited ]

Many folks had problems once installing V2 FW, i had a minor blip and i did a *#7370# and was sorted. Just remember to do a backup.

Now i have C: 50MB & F: 29.5

Message Edited by matto73 on 05-Nov-2009 10:12 PM
Nokia N97 Unbranded RM-505 [0585162]
Firmware 21.0.045
It's NOT about the Kudos they just make my day, hit the Star if I Helped.
Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

It really is kinda crazy that people are not resetting their phones after a FW upgrade.  It is even more nuts that Nokia said you don't have to either.

CLEARLY - a Hard reset is making a World of difference for everyone who is doing it.

I like the old N95 way - when you upgrade that come with a complimentary flashing.  That worked really well.  This new system is not delivering the expected results.  Shocked that the QA team missed this, unless of course they were not really using their phones in real world situations.

I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Sage

I'll try a hard reset. I'm hoping that it will fix my problems connecting to AccuWeather too, then!

To clarify, a hard reset will only clear the phone memory wont it? I don't want my mass storage formatted!! 

Please use plain text.
Sage

The thing that really bugs me about restoring after a reset is that it dumps all your apps and games back in the root applications folder, even if you've set up custom folders and stuff. Always takes me ages to put everything back where it belongs!!
Please use plain text.
Sage

Thanks guys, that reset did the trick. For my phone memory at least. Still not got AccuWeather working, but I suppose I can always just look out the window.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
matto73

Glad thats sorted but as for AccuWeather mine started script error not long after i installed v12 FW and even after v2.0 FW it still errors.

AccuWeather  i unistalled-installed etc etc etc and nothing so your not alone.

Nokia N97 Unbranded RM-505 [0585162]
Firmware 21.0.045
It's NOT about the Kudos they just make my day, hit the Star if I Helped.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
danniiffxi

[ Edited ]

I hard reset and debranded my n97 before i updated to V20 and i have around 51.6mb free space on C:

before update on V11 I had around 22mb free

Message Edited by danniiffxi on 06-Nov-2009 12:22 AM
Phone - Nokia N97 Black - RM-505 on 3(UK)
Firmware - V21.0.045 date - 14/1/10

[IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd237/danniiffxi/f4gw74.jpg[/IMG]
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Formatting the Mass Memory before hard reset seems a good idea - I read a post somewhere here and it made good sense.
SloughSoldier - With a Passion to see this Handset Working Without Flaws.

If you like what I say - Hit the Kudos Button.
Please use plain text.
Sage

Maybe so, but loading over 20GB of music back on to it is a bit of a pain in the **bleep**...

There are a few other little niggles since updating. My Gravity client, which I set as a widget on the home screen has started using a slightly bigger font on the tweet updates on the homescreen. A minor niggle I know, but it makes it look ugly, and means you can read less of the tweet without opening the client itself. There are no settings to change this. It's odd. 

Please use plain text.