Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Inaccurate battery meter!

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Inaccurate battery meter!

This I have to see. Please post a pic of you and the pink phone. I'm sure you will pull it off. Hope it resolves your battery and gps issue a well. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ashtiany

Ouchh. If you've only recently got the phone, then i've heard you'll get the most out of your battery after a few charge cycles so you could try doing that. If that doesn't work then there seems to be a problem with the battery/phone..

Say hello to my little friend!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ashtiany

cjlim, i'll try to do so if i find the time :smileytongue:

replaced the phone finally, also managed to keep the battery from my old model after handing it back in, result, 2 batteries. 

Noticed a couple of things too. The build quality is significantly better, and the interface (although the same firmware) is smoother. Instead of the white earphones that came pre-bundled, they're now black for some reason.

Since I have these 2 batteries, i think i'll decide to use both of them and see if the battery meter problem is either caused by the phone, or the battery..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Nice move with the battery.

Surprised that there is a significant difference in build quality and performance of the two phones even though they have the firmware. Have they both got the same network branding?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ashtiany

They're both unlocked and unbranded.

Even though its more accurate, the first bar still lasts a lot longer than the rest..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Your first phone must have been a Monday phone. Sounds like the pink one is the biznez. The first bar will always last longer unfortunately. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ashtiany

Why does the first last longer though? any particular reason?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aName

Okay, I tested what some people said with my 5530, I charged him only when the phone said "low battery". Guess I'll never do that anymore. The day after I charged him, the battery meter still showed the same number of bars. I used Wi-Fi for 30 mins or so and turned him off by mistake. I'm actually happy I did that because it was only showing 3 bars anymore after restarting and I had to go away an hour and a half later (happy that he charges fast). I really don't understand why the battery meter is even more inaccurate when I charge him "as it should" than if I charge him at 2/3 bars and I seriously don't like it.

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic Black-Red
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
karatekid786

the best thing to do is install the app called device info. that will acuurately tell you your battery level

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aName

You can also use the Ovi Suite for that..

karatekid786 wrote:

the best thing to do is install the app called device info. that will acuurately tell you your battery level

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic Black-Red
Please use plain text.