Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Installing a new Authority Certificate on E71

Installing a new Authority Certificate on E71

I need my university WLAN's root certificate installed on my E71. So I downloaded it but when I save it, it gets saved in the 'Trusted Site Certificates' folder. I need it in the 'Authority Certificates' folder. Anyone know how I can get it in there?

Re: Installing a new Authority Certificate on E71

How did you download the certificate to the E71? What format was the certificate in? I need to do the same but I can't even install the certificate.
Advisor

From what I found out, the certificate has to be in DER format and have the .cer extension. If it then is a certification authority (ie. root) certificate, it will install rightaway when you open it using the web browser. After that, no more trusted site certificates will be needed since all certificates signed by the CA will be covered.
E71-1 / FW 210.21.006
Registered Member

I think I have the same problem as the original poster; I need to install both a client certificate and a CA certificate, in order to access a WLAN.

I copied both certificates onto the phone's memory card, and then opened the client certificate (.p12) which installed fine. 

I then opened the CA certificate (.der), which also got installed, but under "Trusted Site Certificates" instead of "Authority Certificates". I have also tried to open the certificate using the built-in web browser, and it will still install as the wrong type of certificate. If I open the certificate using a web browser on my computer, the certificate is recognized as a CA certificate, so I believe this is an issue with my E66.

Any ideas? 

Contributor

Very similar problem on my E71.

I transfered files  to the phone's memory card via USB.

Installed personal certificate (pkcs12) without problems - just opened the file.

I have CA certificate in DER format (tried with suffix .der, .cer, .crt). When I try to install it I get error "Unable to open. File type not supported."   If I try with the same cert in PEM format it opens as txt file and can't be installed either.

No clue yet.

Contributor

Ok. Solved.

Quite like jmroth said.

Uploaded CA cert (DER format, .crt suffix) to web. Accessed it with web browser and it installed to appropriate cert store.

Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Maybe you better install in the phone memory, not on the memorycard. All the authority certs are installed in the phone's memory.
‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Contributor

Hi.

I think it can't be installed anywhere else but in phone memory (cert/key store). As I said above  - trying manual install failed for me, so I uploaded CA cert to web and installed it via phone's browser.

Regards

Contributor
kekiman

I have the same problem on the E52!

In my case it is a EAP-TLS WLAN. For a connection the authority certificate and the personal certificate is needed. I had no problems with installing the personal one, but I don't know how to get the authority certificate into the right folder. It always ends up in the "Trusted Site Certificates" folder.

I also uploaded it to the web and opened it with the phone browser, as you suggested: same result!

Contributor
kekiman

I already spent hours on this issue now.

Is there a possibility to access the authority certificate folder? Where is it & which program do I need to access all data on my Nokia?

andyk87

I've got the same issue on my E52.

Even when I access the certificate via browser it gets downloaded and finally ends up in trusted sites certificates.

The certificate has the ending .cer and is in DER-format.

Any suggestions?

Contributor
kassimdandago

I flushed my 2700 classic. My authority certificate der deleted. I want to know where to get it and install it.
Contributor
kassimdandago

I flushed my 2700 classic.My authority certificate
der deleted. I want to
know where to get it and reinstall because i cant download from trusted sites
Authority

I have flashed my nokia 6280 from a local store.after flashing my 2 authority certificates are missing.when i try to download softwares it says certificate not in phone or sim.now what should i do?
Registered Member
safdarmba

i am also searching for that kind of installing a new authority.
Registered Member
more6384

hi i have an idea nokia should now launch a phone called nokia gamingx in this all features are supported and it should have java and symbian both and buletooth v2.6 new symbian which is in n8 and it should have low price so can every people can buy it ok plz do it so
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

more6384 wrote:
hi i have an idea nokia should now launch a phone called nokia gamingx in this all features are supported and it should have java and symbian both and buletooth v2.6 new symbian which is in n8 and it should have low price so can every people can buy it ok plz do it so

That would be great but I don't see any relationship with the title of this topic.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Advisor
raazmishra

Mail and nokia browser is not working on my nokia x2-02.My nokia x2-02 version is 11.57,i am trying to update software via mobile but i can't. How to add authority certificate on nokia x2-02?plz help me at ranjanm333@gmail.com