Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Internet Radio Software Upgrade Failure (E71)

Advisor

Internet Radio Software Upgrade Failure (E71)

The Internet Radio function on my E71 had been  working perfectly; then  today I was prompted to upgrade to a new version of the Internet Radio application.    After the upgrade the Internet Radio function will not launch and states that "Application not Supported".   Very annoying -    any possible solutions to this ?             In the meantime would suggest to all E71 users not to upgrade to this new Internet Radio software .

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Internet Radio Software Upgrade Failure (E71)

The Internet Radio Version producing the error I described above is Version 
100.111.73 Internet Radio ;   when attempting to install this upgrade the error states "Update Error" ;   my existing Internet Radio application which worked perfrectly fine no longer launches -   when trying to launch the Internet Radio function I get "Internet Radio:  Feature Not Supported".     
Please use plain text.
Advisor
vadotcom

Hi, i have got the same error, tried reinstalling from the nokia site but same issue while installing gives an error and whiel starting internet radio: feature not supported!! :-((( boohoooo....
Please use plain text.

Even i am facing the same problem... i am not even able to remove the application from my mobile... It doesnt have any remove option also... i think i have to wait for a new update of operating system and then reinstall the operating system again...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Found this note on the link below:     "NOTE: Nokia E71 users with firmware greater than v100.xxx do not install (update) from the file in the above link, the Internet Radio application will advise you soon there is an update available."

http://nokiaaddict.com/2009/05/19/update-nokia-internet-radio-v1-16/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I have the latest updated firmware version of the E71 and based on the above definitely seems like the Internet Radio Update is not supported on the latest firmware versio of the E71 ;    very annoying as I was prompted to update the Internet Radio Update when I launched the radio application today.    After doing the upgrade the application no longer works-  very annoying..!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vadotcom

This is bad...no unistall, no update, even the older version is not availble from nokia's site all links to the older / previous SIS file are giving a broken page...
Please use plain text.
Sage
sanjaymehta

You can try uninstalling the broken application and installing it directly from either nokiaaddict.com's downloads collection (links and a large zip file here: http://nokiaaddict.com/downloads/) OR directly from Nokia (http://europe.nokia.com/A41496024)

I can't guarantee that this will work, but I have  restored other applications from Nokia which had similar problems after a firmware upgrade.

Sanjay Mehta
Motorola "Brickphone" circa 1996, Alcatel One Touch, Ericsson R380, Sony Ericsson T220, Sony Ericsson T630, Nokia E50, Nokia E61i, Nokia 9300i, Nokia E71,Nokia X6, Google Nexus S, iPhone 4S
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. It prompted me to upgrade, I did, and then it didn't work anymore. I can't even remove the old version.

Reinstalling by downloading the sis file from the link above does not cure the problem. It says that upgrade failed.

What else can we do? What about Nokia, what have they to say?

Would a factory reset or hard reset reinstall the former, working version?

Message Edited by marlarius on 24-May-2009 01:22 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor
vadotcom

Thnks Sanjay, but the versions on the links you have pasted are 1.6 only...guess we need to sumhow fix the error / remove an install entry and install any previous version...guess nobody would have that off hand?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
vadotcom

Well i would prefer something short of a hard reset...factory default would touch only settings and not software installed....
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Nokia needs to address this issue within 24 hours because thousands of E71 users will face the same problem;  I was prompted by NOKIA to do the firmware Internet Radio Upgrade on my E71 and when I did this it bricked the Internet Radio Application  -  this should now be addressed and fixed asap.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

I certainly agree. If one upgraded just out of curiosity, following some info on the web, that would be one thing. But here the phone itself prompted me to upgrade and of course I said yes.

But ... does Nokia know about it? Are they reading these forums? Otherwise we should report this issue somewhere else....

EDIT:

I have now sent a mail to the Danish customer care center.

Message Edited by marlarius on 24-May-2009 09:07 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

The Nokia E71 product managers should solve this ASAP;   there must be tens of thousands of E71 users out there who upgraded to the new radio software and who now have a bricked radio application.  Hopefully when they get to work this week they will address this within 24 hours before millions of other E71 users make the mistake of saying "YES" to the Nokia prompted Radio Software upgrade.
Please use plain text.

Well i thought i had the radio problem due to my memory card or something..so went online to search for solutions.

But well well, EVERYBODY's got the bug!

Shocking! What's Nokia doing about all this? 

Please use plain text.

I have got a reply from Nokia Denmark:

Hard reset the phone !

That is not a serious answer IMO :-( 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Still waiting here for Nokia feedback- if the only solution here is a "hard reset"  I will do a "hard reset" of my cell phone preferences and my next phone will definitely not be a Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
vadotcom

i agree with 888yellow; i just purhcased my e71 last sunday! ill return it in case there is no solution apart from reset!!!...they should have a system to check if an upgarde is OK then only should it prompt users to upgrade the software!!! this is like prompting users "do you want to kill your phones applications" and then saying o, doesnt matter, just format and ull be OK, so whats the point in me switching froma  Windows Mobile device to a Nokia...

Is anybody in Nokia reading???

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vadotcom

Ok, i have got my internet radio working, i just did a factory reset, didnt loose any data but lost most of my settings.

Now i will be more careful in NOT upgrading any software from NOKIA and ensure that i dont recomend a nokia again ever.....

Please use plain text.

I made a hard reset (reformat) to make it work. The phone was getting more and more unstable after the failed upgrade. I got "-24" messages (yes, that's it, it just wrote -24 and I could press OK or Cancel :-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
askbob

As a result of your reply, I've sent this to UK support

I am sure you are aware that your recent upgrade to Internet Radio failed (see Nokia Forum). The initial response from Nokia Denmark was do a Hard Reset.  Hardly an acceptable answer!!
Can you please EITHER advise how to restore the original (in an acceptable way) OR estimate when a fix will be made to the upgrade.

The more of you who complain to them the better!!

Please use plain text.