Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Internet Radio Software Upgrade Failure (E71)

Contributor
toadpole

Re: Internet Radio Software Upgrade Failure (E71)

Here's a list of files you need to delete if you're on 200.21.006.

!:\resource\apps\InternetRadio.r01
!:\private\10003a3f\import\apps\InternetRadio_reg.rsc
!:\resource\apps\InternetRadio.mif
!:\resource\apps\InternetRadioEdwinSkin.mif
!:\resource\apps\InternetRadio_aif.mif
!:\sys\bin\IRDataStructures.dll

!:\sys\bin\IRDataProvider.dll
!:\sys\bin\IRXMLParser.dll

!:\sys\bin\isdsclientinterface.dll

!:\sys\bin\IRStreamSource.dll

!:\sys\bin\IRMediaEngine.dll
!:\resource\plugins\IRMediaEngine.RSC
!:\sys\bin\IRFileRecognizer.dll

!:\resource\plugins\IRFileRecognizer.RSC
!:\sys\bin\PresetPlugin.dll

!:\resource\plugins\PresetPlugin.RSC
!:\sys\bin\irrfsplugin.dll

!:\resource\plugins\irrfsplugin.rsc
!:\sys\bin\IRFavoritesDb.dll

!:\sys\bin\IRCommandChannel.dll

!:\sys\bin\IRCacheMgmt.dll

!:\sys\bin\IRNetworkController.dll

!:\sys\bin\irsettings.dll

!:\resource\irsettings.rsc
!:\sys\bin\IRUIControls.dll

!:\resource\iruicontrols.rsc
!:\sys\bin\IRSessionLog.dll

!:\private\2000B499\backup_registration.xml
!:\resource\apps\qgn_ir_loading.svg
!:\resource\apps\qgn_ir_buffering_anim.svg
!:\private\2000B499\IRFontDef.txt
!:\resource\help\iraap.hlp
!:\sys\bin\psserver.exe
!:\sys\bin\psclient100.dll

!:\sys\bin\psrfsplugin.dll

!:\resource\plugins\psrfsplugin.rsc
!:\private\2000b499\terms_01.html
!:\sys\bin\InternetRadio.exe

Use at your own risk. I'm just providing a list of files Internet Radio 1.12 installs.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

E71 same issue with upgrade, yesterday.  I upgraded to 200xx firmware last week. Before that I backed up my phone. Would it work if I re-loaded my back-up? Am nervous to try it without getting advise first
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Almost 2 months ago this problem with the E71 Internet Radio Software Upgrade failure was brought to the attention of NOKIA via these forums.                      60 days later this is still not solved and thousands of users are bricking their E71 when they try to update their software.    Why the hell dont the NOKIA E71 product managers solve this once and for all ?     Please fix this god damn problem so that we can update this software without collapsing the phone !  If this is not fixed within 96 hours I will personally get in touch with Nokia's CEO to get this problem fixed.      You now have 95 hours and 59 minutes to fix this mess !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

The discussion boards form a user-to-user troubleshooting facility. Whilst staff from various departments within Nokia do view the boards from time to time, it cannot be guaranteed that the right people will see your post.

If you wish to give feedback to Nokia, it it best to contact Nokia Care by telephone or e-mail, details of how to do this can be found in the Nokia web site for your country.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thank you Shameer...................-interesting to read that as per your information no Nokia managers bother to read these forums-,  I will  make sure to discuss that with  the Nokia CEO when I personally talk to him in 94 hours 58 minutes if this E71  collapse issue is still not solved after 2 months massive complaints on this forum
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Shameers, Nokia hosts these boards because it wants to mine information so they can become a better company and make bigger profits. We understand that "it cannot be guarenteed that the right poeple will see your post", but you could so easily have added "but I can assure you that Nokia has recognised this as a problem and is working on a solution" which surely must be the case. You could also have said that you will draw the attention of "the right people" to this thread. Which I presume you have already done, because otherwise you would be useless in your job as a moderator as far as Nokia is concerned.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Having the same problem and I can see that noone from Nokia cares about it!!! I've sent a message one ofthe Nokia assisstants but no reply!!! It it sooo difficult to make a patch or somthing and fix the problem! At least they can tell us that they are working on it!'!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
narottam

I have upgraded the firmware to 200.21.012 (Released Date: 18-June-2009; RM-437, you can check it by dialing *#0000#) of my Nokia E36, and solved problem....
Narottam Das
Kolkata, India
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

First of all, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this kind of reply but I was wondering if any of you could help me out. 

I found this discussion through google, and my problem is related to this issue.

I've got an E71 and I was cleaning up software and decided to re-install the internet radio.

I deleted the Nokia internet radio keyspace program from the installed programs menu.

Now, the problem is that I cannot reinstall the internet radio nor can I start the application...

Trying to remove gives and error about being unable to remove the application and trying to reinstall it again gives and error for failure of installation...

What should I do? Would it help me to remove the IR files in sys/bin?

Please use plain text.

I had the same issue with my E71.  After reading the above chain, I simply backed up my files (saved to my memory card) to the phone memory.  Note - I did not have that many to move.  Then, I formatted the memory card via, "Tools/Memory...".  Subsequently, I restored my saved docs and such to the memory card.  The internet radio application works fine once more.  As noted earlier, do not take the upgrade that is offered when starting the IR application.

Incidentally, I just recently started to use my E71 (purchased in late May) in lieu of my Curve 8320.  The Curve was failing and, frankly, I just wanted to try something other than a Crackberry (which I've used for over ~6 years+...my contract is over and I wasn't going to extend another 2 years to get a new, discounted, BB).  I like Nokia products (I also use a 6301 with UMA connectivity as a backup phone) and I've recently decided that, while I need to stay connected, I just don't need to receive every email at "the speed of Blackberry".  Give RIM their due, no one does email any better and they have such a nicely integrated product yet I've come to wonder if I will lose my mind or my job if my email arrives any less frequent than the 15-30 minutes (IMAP vs POP) that the standard E71 messaging application provides.  I also don't like sending my provider the associated BB service fees.   The E71, on the other hand, has some nice "office" features plus quick web access and some other nice features like internet radio.  Oh, my E71 also tethers as a modem to my PowerBook...glitch-free.  I am a  heavy mobile communications user, routinely travel internationally (200-300k miles annually), and my smallest cell service invoice in years has been over $250 (with occasional peaks of $1500 or so).  I cut about $30 a month from my base invoice by making this move to an unlocked E71 ($300 worth of Amex Points).  One more thing, BB devices just don't seem to be built that well and I've gone through a bunch of them over the years.  Oh well...

Having said all this, I'd like to make a couple of Newbie suggestions to others considering the E71 (or similar Nokia product) in lieu of a BB.  Use Birdstep SmartConnect to manage connectivity.  It took me a while to set up the application but my transfers from wifi to cellular are now fairly seamless.  I have to confess that I have also begun use Nokia's Beta Push Email application, too.  I just didn't see reliable "pulls" occurring on the designated intervals.  I tried both Seven and Nokia Push a couple of times before realizing that the killer set up (where everything seemed to work just right) was achieved by deleting all email accounts from the "shipped from the factory" Nokia Messaging application and then performing a clean install of Nokia Push Beta. The interface of the Nokia Pushprogram is quite nice and includes some very effective shortcuts, too. The stock Messaging program just handles text messages at this point.

Best to you all - Tom 

Please use plain text.

Re: Internet Radio Software Upgrade Failure (E71) (FIXED!!!!)

[ Edited ]

I have a Nokia E71-2 for North America,

Back in July 09 I got an upgrade invite from NOKIA to upgrade my Internet radio app.  After upgrading my Internet radio

was bricked.  Calls to nokia were in vain.  Support said I NEEDED to return the phone as the only solution.  When rev

300.?.??.?? came out I thought it would fix the problem but the NOKIA updater can't find the Internet to update my phone.

To fix my problem I took out the memory card in the phone and found out by accent that the Internet radio app regained

functionality. 

Here was the trick!!

plug the micro card into the computer and search for the file "IRCommandChannel.dll"  or "IRNetworkController.dll"  any file that was installed when you upgraded your Internet Radio. 

In the directory folder re sort the files in the directory to list them by date this is an easy way to find all the files that Nokia placed on the card that bricked the app.

Create a new folder and MOVE, not copy, them to a folder that is not in the directory tree where you found the IRCommandChannel.dll file.  (Make a note where these files were in case this doesn't work and you need to un-doo this most basic of file moves)

Highlight all of them and move to the new folder you created to keep the useless files just in case.

Now return the card to your phone and reboot to hopefully hear Internet Radio work.

I think my problem was when I upgraded IR I chose to install the app to my micro card.  Nokia poisoned the app when

they gave me the chose to install it in the micro card.

Dave

Message Edited by wildreamer on 24-Aug-2009 04:15 AM
Please use plain text.

PS,

After I did this I needed to re-load / upgrade the mail using http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action

For some reason I could not get to my email from the home screen directly by hilighting the new email.  I could always get to my e-mail by holding down the home key "Looks loke a house" then scroll to Email.

When I did the email upgrade the software didn't allow me to install it in the memory card as the Internet Radio upgrade did. Someone is paying attention. 

Now the phone is back to top dog status.

Dave

Please use plain text.

PPS

My origonal post was edited by someone.  They removed / scrubbed my derogatory comments I expressed towards Nokia. 

Dave

Please use plain text.