Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: “Internet connection failed” ”connection unava...

shahmnasser
Accepted Solution

“Internet connection failed” ”connection unavailable” on GSM Network

Last week I updated Anna to Belle on my Nokia E7. Belle is really awesome. Everything working fine including WLAN but cannot connect internet through GSM network and get message “Internet connection failed”/”connection unavailable”. Last time I updated from the original OS Symbian^3 (Series 60 5.2) to Anna and the same problem solved by restoring “Phone settings and applications” from my backup file. I guess “Phone settings and applications” of Symbian^3 or Anna are not compatible with Belle for which when I try to restore “Phone settings and applications” from my backup files of earlier versions (Symbian^3/Anna) find this item missing. Other backed up items are OK. Can anyone suggest me how can I connect internet again through mobile phone network?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: “Internet connection failed” ”connection unavailable” on GSM Network

@shahmnasser

Can you get your network to send you an SMS with "Settings" to then save as default?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
shahmnasser

Yes. PROBLEM SOLVED but there was a catch. The auto configuration file I was receiving upon sending message to 8080 or sent by helpline people after talking to them was not working. Finally. I told them to transfer call to expert group and they sent updated configuration file which worked. Thanks a lot for your valuable reply.

Please use plain text.
Angel_king

same problem with me my C6-01 also shows this connection failed
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sanizzz

hey i recently updated my nokia-08 to nokia belle and after updating im getting some similar issues

i cannot get gsm network connection in many places including my area network

there is a full network but when i call it says network error

i get network conection on some regions though

and yes i can send sms even though it shows network error 

im from nepal and my network is "NPL01"

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
megs1602

i have the same problem.   since i updated i have no internet connection. i have had the settings txt to me by my provider but still no luck.  i tried the hard reset but when i call *#7370# it says to end active connections first and as far as i am aware there are none.. i have turned or data and wifi

help!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ovye

My e5 not browing show me connection not available help i can't browes with it
Please use plain text.
precious1606

I have a nokia n8 - In november i did an upgrade and since then i have the problem i can only connect to the internet via the browser but not any of the applications. I get the error message "connection failed - connection unavailable".

Have read many blogs but have not found a solutions

have had my settings sent to me by my provider and long discussions with nokia help who's only answer was a hard boot.

NOKIA Is there anybody there looking at this problem!!!

we are your clients and fans

If this is not resolved i will be forced to jump ship after my 4th nokia and try another brand

please help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abassaamiru

i have failed to launch nokia store, ovi, mail, chat apps on my nokia E7, its always saying connection failed. Waiting for your positive response, thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
premal

one more with the same problem, no mobile data, no WiFi, but am able to connect through Nokia Suite on computer..
Using Nokia Lumia 1320.
Also have Nokia E72 & Nokia N8.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fado

I have failed to launch my apps whereas my internet is functional. Any help ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fado

Can't update my phone software.
Pls, i need help.
Please use plain text.