Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Internet sharing between cellphone and computer us...

Sage
nessalpha

Internet sharing between cellphone and computer using Bluetooth.

I have watched some videos in youtube about internet sharing between cellphones and computer using "BLUETOOTH"... How do they do that? How can we do this? Anybody here can share to us how to do this??
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Internet sharing between cellphone and computer using Bluetooth.

I personally would not of thaught this is possible as bluetooth is essentially just a radio signal, obviously it can transmit data but i dont think it has the ability to stream a broadband connection. Could be completely wrong but thats what i think.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Google for a program called GNUbox. It allows you to share your connection over bluetooth. It's not the easiest program to work with.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

24-Aug-2008 12:28 PM
monkeyboy85 wrote:
I personally would not of thaught this is possible as bluetooth is essentially just a radio signal, obviously it can transmit data but i dont think it has the ability to stream a broadband connection. Could be completely wrong but thats what i think.

You are wrong :smileyhappy:

Most Nokia phones with a bluetooth interface can let you connect your computer to the Internet using your phone as a modem connected by bluetooth. So, BT definitely can support the data stream.

Enabling a computer to use the phone's Internet connection over BT or via USB cable is possible with no additional software on the phone. Doing the opposite, allowing the phone to use the computer's Internet connection via BT, requires additional software. GNUBox does just that.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

If you look closely i was saying that you wouldnt get broadband speeds from a bluetooth internet connection, im sure you can connect to the net through bluetooth, but i dont believe you can get those broadband speeds.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Bluetooth 2.0 can do 3 mbps. I think that qualifies as broadband.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Sage
nessalpha

Good afternoon,,,
I know a software "joiku spotlight",, w/c allows a cellphone to share internet to a number of devices... I am using a nokia n73 at the moment and I installed this application. First,, I connected to the internet via 3G,, and opened joiku spotlight.. and this application is searching for other devices using BT of my n73.. unfortunately,, there was no available device at that time,, so I was not able to share the internet w/ other device using BT.
Please use plain text.