Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Is C3-00 compatible with .jar files?

raheelbhutta

Is C3-00 compatible with .jar files?

Hello,

I am using Nokia C3-00 and I am trying to download an application from getjar.com but when I install it on my system it does not work. Can any body help me out in installing the app with the extension of .jar or .jad?

Professor

Re: Is C3-00 compatible with .jar files?

.jar/.jad are J2ME applications, which C3-00 supports. Did you set your phone to be C3-00 before you downloaded the app ?

Derzkiy

I've got almost the same problem. I've downloaded the *.jar file with my Nokia C3-00 and phone can not install it, calls it "unsupported file". And in the propertys of this file shown, that it's *.EXT file now. What's wrong?!
Mobile Guru
ng85

Some sites have .jar files zipped & even then they show it as .jar. That is the reason it is shown as unsupported or .EXT. Try other sites or Nokia Store.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Sage
classic_sis

@Derkzky

Nokia C3 supports .jar applications. Try to find applications that support for Nokia C3, for example Opera Mini. if you would like find other applications, you can visit www.mobiles.24.com
Niki
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

@Derzkiy
Use your default browser for such sites for downloading .jar or .jad files.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Derzkiy

the problem is that i used Opera mini,which installed on my nokia. How the default browser can help me out? Browser can recognize the arhived .jar file and install it properly?
Mobile Guru
ng85

The default wap browser will recognise .jar files & will download them correctly. On the other hand, opera mini (depending on the version & sometimes the app you are downloading) downloads .jar or .jad files.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Sage
classic_sis

@Derzkiy

Niki
Sage
classic_sis

@Derzkiy

The native Nokia browser is web (icon image is pictured in earth), while Opera Mini is a third party application that might be for some Nokia phones has been preloaded. In youg would like to download .jar files at www.mobiles24.com for example, you should register first. Before you download, choose the file that you would like to take it. All files have number ID, when you find a file that you would like to, write down the number ID on a writing book or a paper or remember it. Then go to web or Opera Mini, visit http://wap.mobiles24.com, choose Get download by ID, enter the number and final click Download this item.
Niki
Contributor
Brandonie

evesince i update my nokia C3 to v8.65, it does not support jar files.......whats the problem
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

I think you have downloaded the .jar files using default browser.
Apps and games which are downloaded using Default browser will become unusable after hard reset or software update or reinstall.

So better download apps using Nokia store app or use UC browser.
In case of UC browser, after download, you need to rename _jar to.Jar .
Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Contributor
Brandonie

It still didnt work, is there any other way to change my version back to the prev version bcoz i dont think i lyk v8.65.......it comes with a lot of problems
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Try software reinstall using Nokia suite.
Backup important data and remove any passwords set to phone or memory card.

Hope this helps.

Contributor
Brandonie

hello nokia.........how can you be so cruel to give us softwares that have too many bugs..........ar u aware that many people dnt knw hw 2 reset or even flash their phones........flashing also needs money and wat about us who dnt work, how ar we supposed to flash..........wat about those who dnt knw their security codes.......wat about those whom in their countries they dnt hv nokia care centres wher they shuld attend to to fix this prob....wat about those who ar hving all these probs at once.....to sum up all the facts above i can say, we need a new bug-free software update 4m nokia software engineerers