Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Is there a way to get a Screen Grab for my N8?

Sage
Accepted Solution

Is there a way to get a Screen Grab for my N8?

Hello,

Is there such a thing?

Thanks!

V

Please use plain text.
Sage
andycoydwilson

Yes try screen capture free in Nokia store
If this was helpful please click Star for Kudos

Phone history :-3210, 3100, 3200, 6230i, N73, N95-8GB, N97, N8, Lumia800, Lumia920, Lumia620, Lumia820, Lumia1020
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@VeePee

If you can't be bothered with Nokia Store there is Best ScreenSnap for S^3 here:http://www.smartphoneware.com/screen_snap-for-symbian3-product.php

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage

Thanks to all of you!

For the Smartkey, I want to set it to the menu switching button at the bottom of my N8...what is that key called?  It is a screen key that moves the main 3 screens....i usually just slide my thumb across and dont use it....

I use the camera and volume buttons alot. 

The HotKey assignment option is a text field, not drop down - so I am not sure what to put in.

Thanks again!

V

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

When you are in the Shortcut Key field..tap on it and another Window will open ..Now press the key you want to assign and it will get displayed in the Text field.. It will also inform whether this key can be assigned or not... Once you are fine with it tap 'Done' and it will get assigned..

BTW the MENU key may not be accepted as it is not on my Nokia 5800xm..

Please use plain text.
Sage

On The N8 the only button that seem to work is the Camera button. The Volume buttons register nothing.
Problem is - the camera button - opens the camera.......

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

VeePee wrote:

On The N8 the only button that seem to work is the Camera button. The Volume buttons register nothing.
Problem is - the camera button - opens the camera.......

Pretty sure that I have using Best ScreenSnap using "Camera" rather than "Camera 1" half press (focusing) without it opening camera application each time it is used.

Just a thought you are pressing "Hide" at bottom right of screen so this application runs in the background?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

As mentioned by aspergerguy , when you want to use the Screen Snap application.. Open it and then select 'HIDE'..The Camera button will take the ScreenSnap. If you want to use the Camera.. 'EXIT' the Screen Snap application...

Please use plain text.