Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Is there any NOKIA UK promo going on?

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Nokia or voda have absolutely nothing to do with you receiving this message. You were simply randomly selected by scammers than had no clue as to what phone you had!

Like all obvious spam just delete it and forget about it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sooz0208

[ Edited ]

My hubby go it too saying "You won £990,000 Pounds in NOKIA UK PROMO.Ref No:NK443.to claim send your Name & Mobile

Not once but twice, and at 11.30pm, we were in bed, little **bleep** scammers.:smileymad:

Moderator Note: Personal contact information removed as they were not allowed to be posted on a public web forum.

Please use plain text.
PetefromOz

[ Edited ]

Hi Steve, I received have a similar message today telling me to respond. Unfortunately I had expected it as there are reports all over the net of this activity on the rise significantly.
Under the Australian SPAM Act 2003 sending and receiving SPAM messages on an Australian website or sending SPAM messages to an Australian citizen is a serious offence with a penalty up to AUD$220,000 - $1.1 million.

"It is now easier than ever to report spam email and SMS messages you receive. You can do this quickly and easily in two ways:

For SMS, forward the message to the Spam SMS service

(You will be billed the standard rate charged by your mobile phone provider for sending an SMS message)

For email, forward the message to the Spam Intelligence Database

Important note:
When forwarding an email message, please do not change the subject line of the message or add additional text.The ACMA will only contact you in relation to a report if it requires further information to assist it in its anti-spam activities."
http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_310369

http://www.acma.gov.au/webwr/consumer_info/frequently_asked_questions/spam_business_practical_guide....

Moderator Note: Personal details removed as they were unallowed to be published on a public web forum.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

My sms was from and reads "Just won 750,000 pounds in NOKIA UK MOBILE PROMO.For claim send Name,Address,Mobile No & Occupation

Retyped above exactly as is.  Received it today - 28th May, 2011 at 3:58:34pm.  I live in Trinidad. West Indies.

Have to admit I almost started smoking again when I saw it.  How the hell did they get my no?  I bet some idiots actually send the money.  I have seen comments about this scam on the net dated since 2008 !!!.  Nokia must be truly fed up of this by now.

Moderator Note: Personal contact information removed. This information is not allowed to be published on a public web forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nyamu

Hi ,

I received a msg the other day saying I have won 135000 pounds, what say you?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

You haven't won a thing. It's a scam. If you have won anything they would just post the cheque to you with no questions asked.

Ray
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Everest9

@moderator pls u should stop removing and hiding the scam emails cuz wat they are doing is evil they dont deserve any respect unless u also have ur own personal reasons. And i strongle belive dat there is someone who has access to my personal infor here on (nokia site) and they are the one behind all this cuz this is the place they got my email and my phone number. Nokia should do something about the people they gave access to peoples personal information cuz they are the once behind all this. Is gud to say the truth. THANKS
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

The scammers get no respect whatsoever from Nokia, Nokia issued the following public statement for the benefit of members of the public affected by these issues:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/News-and-Announcements/Nokia-responds-to-hoax-e-mails-and-SMS...

You should rest assured you that Nokia has NEVER shared any Discussions members' personal data with any organisations or individuals involved in these criminal activities. The scammers use the names of numerous global brands to try to trick members of the public, including Nokia, Microsoft, AOL, Coca-Cola, Citibank et cetera. None of these companies is involved in these activities, and you don not have to be a member of any service offered by any of these companies to receive them.

The best way to avoid scams of this nature is to be very careful who (companies, websites etc.) you give your contact details to, and never publish your contact on internet forums, blogs and so on.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.

Is there any NOKIA UK promo going on?

I received a message that goes does.  (NOKIA UK PROMO) YOUR NUMBER HAS QUALIFIED YOU FOR 65,000 POUNDS FOR CLAIMS SEND NAME, NUMBER & COUNTRY TO THIS EMAIL: NOKIALONDONCLAIMS51@ADMIN.IN.TH. PLEASE IS THIS AUTHENTIC?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

great4lif wrote:

I received a message that goes does.  (NOKIA UK PROMO) YOUR NUMBER HAS QUALIFIED YOU FOR 65,000 POUNDS FOR CLAIMS SEND NAME, NUMBER & COUNTRY TO THIS EMAIL: NOKIALONDONCLAIMS51@ADMIN.IN.TH. PLEASE IS THIS AUTHENTIC?

unfortunately, that is not authentic

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
sucketman

pls is there any nokia uk promo going on now?. I got a message from nokia uk promo live lottery that I won 50000 pound is it true.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

No. It's a scam.
Please use plain text.
Danielle995

I did read the other comments, but i cant help myself, i have to ask. So this:

You won £990,000 Pounds in NOKIA UK PROMO.Ref No:NK989.to claim send your Name,Email & Mobile to our Email: nokia1@nokiaconnect.org Office Tel:+447700007771

Is fake ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Now since you have asked it... read the posts above once again to get the answer...because the CORRECT answer is there in more than one post..

Please use plain text.
Danielle995

Huh. Guess one has to ask for themselves to believe it; oh well, **bleep** happens.
Thabks for the help, have a nice day :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Danielle995 wrote:
Huh. Guess one has to ask for themselves to believe it; oh well, **bleep** happens.
Thabks for the help, have a nice day :smileyhappy:

Its not your fault.. the offer is TOO tempting ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

This is called the "Nigerian scam 401"

If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vickydonor

Hello

I have received a message tomorrow morning from nokia that you have win 1 million pound during ending year promo in UK. Your serial number is 52-2012. after that I sent an email to the adress which he has mentioned in nokia message and he replied that your check has been deposited in citi bank london please contact with them urgently and when I send an email to them with total information he said to deposit some amount in citi bank london please tell me what is this. is it right or wrong? I will wait for your reply on my email ID.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Haven't you read the complete thread before putting up your query ? The answer is already mentioned in more than one posts... If you have won some amount, why do they want YOU to deposite money ? 

Just think that you never received the mail ...

Please use plain text.
emmanuelpogu

please help me.
I have receive an sms , that my number has won
60,000,00,pounds, from nokia uk promo,
,this is the 2nd time i receive it,from my two moble phone,but i didnt belive it.
Please i need verification on these nokia uk promo.
Please use plain text.