Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Issue with HDMI adapter of N8 (Please help)

hahahoho2345

Issue with HDMI adapter of N8 (Please help)

Okay here's the thing.

I just bought a Nokia N8 yesterday and it works great so far but there's only 1 problem.
I tried to connect a standard HDMI cable (the one I got when I bought a Sony TV) to the HDMI adapter provided with the N8. However, the standard HDMI cable just won't fit in to the adapter.
Am I using the wrong HDMI cable? Anyone knows what's the problem? Please help me :smileyhappy:
THANKS

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Are you using the right adapter ? You could be trying the USB To Go adapter by mistake. I haven't had any problems using various HDMI cables with mine.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

If you don't mind spending some more money you can buy mini HDMI to HDMI cable. It will work just fine, without the adapter.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

If you've opened the small HDMI cover on the end of the phone, and the supplied cable fits in the port, then you are using the correct cable, if the cable from your TV will not fit in the Normal sizws female end of the HDMI adaptor, then one of them os faulty or damaged, as a stendard |HDMI cable fits easily enouch into the cable provided in the box by Nokia !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN6IeiZ2bJ8

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.