Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Issues with Swype on the N8

Counsellor
pohlipit

Re: Issues with Swype on the N8

Hi, the link below from MAYJAS works perfect. You can download the installation file from there.
P!

My Nokia history:
2110 => 6110 => 8110 => 6310 => 2300 => 2600 => 6070 => E71 => N97 Mini => E72 => C7 => E7 => E6 => 700
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
diterium

Re: Issues with Swype on the N8 (SOLVED !!!!!)

this problem is not solved for me, i hope it will be fixed with a future firmware, because i don't want to reset my phone :smileysad: i didn't install it on e: and i cannot write-access on c: with a pc, so mayjas proposal does not work for me
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

swype is a stand alone app. you can remove it under settings - app manager- scroll down to swype and touch it until you see an option to uninstall. if you don't want to use it just get rid off it from your phone. it is not a part of firmware.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

I have Swype on my N8 Anna. The default input allows me to hand write Mandarin. Swype doesn't allow me to and I can't find a way to temporarily disable and go back to default input. Appreciate advise.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mayjas

open swype keyboard, on the bottom right corner, tap the button which looks like 3 horizontal lines.
select alphanumeric keypad.
Then uninstall syype and reboot.
if you cannot uninstall swype, u can manually remove it by method described by me earlier, ill repeat it for you below
1. Download and install X-plore for N8.

2. Browse E:\ through X-plore

3. search for files *swyp*.* and also swyp*.*

4. delete all those files which are in the above 2 search results

5. some files will not be able to delete

6. search and note location for such files

7. connect N8 with pc in USB storage mode

8. go to the location of the above files (which could not delete through x-plore) and delete them thru pc

9. MAIN STEP (i think this did it) - go to the folder in mass memory sys\bin and delete the file "uninstall_0x200333DC.exe"

10. restart phone and check it out

lemme know if it works.
all the best.
Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

Silly me. I missed the bottom right hand 3 horizontal line. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
jordiflaque

No, it didn't work for me... :smileymad:

they must just post a proper update !!! no answer fro Nokia???

Seriously... I am really disappointed! 

Please use plain text.