Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Just a 808 PureView user experience question no.2

Advisor
808PureViewUser

Just a 808 PureView user experience question no.2

Hi all,

Really one thing what makes me grazy is the operating system version being used for this heavy price mobile device, 808 PureView, despite the great camera.

I really have to say **bleep**! and sorry for this. But really, come freaking on!

EXITing applications VARY depending WHAT application it is??? Now why in the Earth is this?

For a concrete example: GALLERY exits itself by pressing an ARROW LEFT image, but e.g. Media Player (with the single note on the widget image) one must go to the three line (three lines piled) menu icon and SELECT EXIT from it!

Now get this: also some 3rd party applications exit which and whatever way, there seems to be no rules that the applications MUST BE EXIT in a given, similar way for the GOLDEN USER EXPERIENCE.

How is it possible that a phone that costs this much, is brought to public not very long ago with a big show can give this unbelievably varying user experience when you start feeling that you really are in a maze that you have to show to be really clever to get the freak out.

Ofcourse...ofcourse...documents say, user guides say, but howabout a message to the designers that please could you kindly USE THE DEVICE YOURSELVES FOR SOMETIME and draw some conclusions maybe? Maybe you should say NO if something feels totally odd? 

Really, user gets really annoyed by a changing way of using applications - simply this exiting them does not seem to follow a standard looking at the similar widget images which though look very standardized. So underneath looks to be somekind of a mess, meaning that what is nice on top does not mean it is nice inside.

Cheers,

Almrod Faelrivin

Counsellor
ekstamC

Re: Just a 808 PureView user experience question no.2

How about always use the physical red lighted button on your 808 to exit programs, always works for me closing and really stopping programs... Be glad you dont use Andorid, I used it for 3 weeks and it was very very VERY hard to close a program...there was no EXIT button or fuctions anywhere, and when you thought you closed an app or anything the app is still on in the background draining the phone battery...