Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: LOST PHONE. NEED HELP

Counsellor

LOST PHONE. NEED HELP

Does anyone know any way of stopping emails going to that device?

I had it set up for both personal and work emails through Exchange and the normal way.

I can't think of a way to stop the emails to the phone other than change my email address.

Is that right?

Any help gratefully recieved.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

[ Edited ]

Unless you had certain paid for security apps installed then the thief now has full access to your phone,

Call your mobile provider and report the theft and they can kill your sim, and possibly blacklist the IMIE

but yes if it's a major security issue you need to call your email provider and have them kill the email account

Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

[ Edited ]

change your password! that way when phone tries to connect it wont be able to get emails since the password on your phone is different from the new password.

Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Nokia N8 Dark Gray- RM-596
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks for that.

I didn't have a sim in the phone, I was using it on wireless.

They have access to my Facebook and Twitter too.

I can't remember when those apps make you sign back in but I'm thinking that if you stay logged in you can stay there forever.

What a pain.

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

report the case to the police, if they have right to investigate on thieft phones they will do your job. There is a little chance of getting back your phone. Operators can trace your phones serial no.when thier sim is inserted into the phone but will not disclose it to any individual unless an investigating authority enguires about it
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Just do as suggested before, change all your passwords and the phone won't be able to access your accounts, it only remembers the password you entered when you first logged in !

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yes thanks for the replies.

What I have learned if anyone's interested, is that if you have your Facebook accessed in different places, as soon as you change your password, the other accessed place can no longer use it.

Gmail on the other hand, you need to tell gmail to close all other open access points. If you don't do that and you change the password, any computer logged on at the same time can continue to access your stuff until it logs off.

What's disappointing is that I've lost the best phone Nokia have made in a long long time. I love the N900 and I hope it bodes well for the new meego platform.

In the meantime, it's back to the HTC!

Please use plain text.