Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Latest Firmware version for Nokia 5800 in India?

Contributor
Rajathr
Accepted Solution

Latest Firmware version for Nokia 5800 in India?

I am currently using a Nokia 5800 with firmware version v50.0.001.

I have installed the latest Nokia Suite (3.7.22) and it reports that there are no firmware updates available. I tried to find the updates using the Menu->Applications -> S.W Updates as well. This doesn't report any firmware updates either. 

But the Nokia India page for 5800 states that the latest version is 60.

Latest software release for Nokia 5800 Xpress Music is 60.0.003

• New, faster version of the web browser, including web search integrated into the web address field, and support for multiple windows and web addresses containing non-Latin characters
  • New Big clock feature, displaying the time and date when you press the menu key, if the screen and keys are locked
  • Ovi Contacts removed
  • Usability improvements
  • Performance improvements

How do I update to the latest firmware?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Latest Firmware version for Nokia 5800 in India?

Availability of update depends on Product Code / Region. Also, for Network locked devices, update is possible only after an approval from the Operator. Seems oone of these is preventing you from getting the update. As both FOTA nad Nokia Suite is not providing you with the update there is nothing that you can do except asking your local Nokia Care whether they can help you ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rajathr

Re: Latest Firmware version for Nokia 5800 in India?

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply.

The phone is not operator locked. Also I have come across many people who have the firmware version 52 and are unable to move to v60. But I am stuck at one version older.

I will take it to the Nokia care and inquire about this. Thanks again.

Please use plain text.