Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lock Code request after hard reset

Counsellor
Ovidius

Lock Code request after hard reset

Hi,

So I did a hard reset and I knew that I'll lose the Ovi Store. What it's completely new for me is that now each time I'm starting the phone I am requested to input the lock code. I have given 12345 but a message saying "Code fail" is shown and afterwards the phone works normally.

1. Does anybody know why12345 is not working anymore?

2. Does anybody know how could I remove this request at startup?

3. Does anybody know why the phone does react if I am inputting an incorrect code only with a message "Code fail" - I would have expected a lock after multiple inputs but everything is OK.

4. Does anybody know how can I change this code? - without flashing it at Nokia Service Center (just too far from me). I'm curious if 10000 tries would bring something alhough I am not interested in such a test.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: Lock Code request after hard reset

The default code is 12345 ! Do you have a pin lock on your sim card ? You can also request PUK code from supplier, if no good , you do need Nokia Care Point :smileysad:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ovidius

I have n PIN and I tried also with the PUK.

The lock code request still always comes when the phone starts but says as usual that the 12345 code is false. I would say this is very very strange...

Thanks anyway for the reply.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Looks like diggging out the dead... but my old 5800xm has been formatted (three-fingers salute) and now asks for a security code that I never changed... if I use the default 12345 I get a "code error" message but then the phone works, unless I try to to anything that involves the lock code itsel (code changing doesn't work, *#7370# and *#7780# ask for a code and 12345 is not accepted, and so on).

Any way to get out of this?!?

thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Seems.. the only solution is to visit Nokia Care along with proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) ...

Please use plain text.