Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: MAC Address and IP Address on E71

MAC Address and IP Address on E71

Hi,

i would like to know how can i get the information on MAC address and IP address for my E71 phone? i'm using wifi at diferrent place so i need to know what the ip address is given to my phone.

thanks for your helping
Please use plain text.
Sage

Hi,

Enter *#62209526# on the keypad and MAC address is shown on
the display. For ip address you would need 3rd party application.

Cheers.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

08-Jan-2009 10:41 AM
rycheman wrote:
Hi,

Enter *#62209526# on the keypad and MAC address is shown on
the display. For ip address you would need 3rd party application.

Cheers.

The free app "IfInfo" will show you the IP addresses of all interfaces on your E71:

http://tinyhack.com/freewarelist/s603rd/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/ifinfo.SIS

eb
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]
"Device Status" application for S60 3rd Edition and 3rd Edition FP1 devices is available at the Beta Labs. Device Status is able to show both IP address (Network Info tab)and WLAN MAC address (Settings Info -> WLAN Settings) of the phone among many other details.

http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/devicestatus

Note that Device Status is not compatible with 3rd Edition FP2 or later devices but it should work just fine on your E71.

Message Edited by saataja on 08-Jan-2009 10:21 AM
Please use plain text.
Sage

Thanks saataja. Just tested this Device Status app and it seems like a good package.

Cheers.
Please use plain text.

Hi,

thanks for the reply, for MAC address i can see thru *#622....#, but the application i can't install coz everytime any downloaded file running to install error 'File corrupt' will appear. And also i can't uninstall any application thru application manager.

hope somebody can help on this problem.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

even when you manage to install the application it wont show you the IP.....just tried it. shows everything but the IP
Please use plain text.
Sage

raii wrote:
even when you manage to install the application it wont show you the IP.....just tried it. shows everything but the IP

That's strange, never had any problems showing the IP details at least with Device Status application on few different 3rd Edition FP1 based phones, including E71.

Which of the above mentioned applications (Device Status or IfInfo) are you actually referring to?

Please note that both of these applications need you to have the WLAN connection up and running  before they are able to show (in a meaningful way) what is the current IP address of the phone's WLAN interface.

In case of IfInfo you should "refresh" the IfInfo view after you have connected your phone to the WLAN network and then scroll down to Interface named "EthWlan4".

It seems that IfInfo might actually not be able to show all relevant IP parameters correctly (e.g. gateway and netmask were always shown as 0.0.0.0) even if the phone's IP stack actually has all relevant information in place and WLAN / IP connection is working just fine. However you should still be able to see what is the IP address of the EthWlan4 interface and what DNS servers this connection is using once the WLAN connection has first been established and IfInfo view has been refreshed if started before the WLAN connection existed.

Device Status is perhaps a better choice (for 3rd Edition FP1 devices) in a sense that it is able to show correctly also "default gateway" and "netmask" details of the connection. Again, you first need to have existing WLAN connection for these details to show up on Network Info view of the Device Status application.

Either create your WLAN connection before starting the Device Status application or in case Device Status has been started before the WLAN connection existed then go to "Network Info" view (go right with rocker) and select Options -> Refresh. Then simply scroll down and you should be able to see IP address details of currently active Internet Access Point(s).  Note that in case a packet data connection (3G/GPRS) is active also IP address details of that connection will be shown under the given Internet Access Point entry.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I've installed the Device Status. When I'm conn to my WLAN and I go to WLAN settings, it shows me: MAC address, scanning interval and WLAN available; when I choose WLAN access pts, it shows me my available acc pts, and when I go to each one it shows me: Connection name, network name, proxy, primary name server, secondary name server, proxy, primary name server, secondary name server and start page.

I went through all the other tabs you can choose, but there is no IP anywhere. Do you have any idea where else I could look for it?  

Please use plain text.
Sage

raii wrote:

I've installed the Device Status. When I'm conn to my WLAN and I go to WLAN settings, it shows me: MAC address, scanning interval and WLAN available; when I choose WLAN access pts, it shows me my available acc pts, and when I go to each one it shows me: Connection name, network name, proxy, primary name server, secondary name server, proxy, primary name server, secondary name server and start page.

I went through all the other tabs you can choose, but there is no IP anywhere. Do you have any idea where else I could look for it?  

Go to a tab named "Network info" on Device Status (i.e. hit rocker three times right from the intial view) and then scroll down. Note that first "Network Info" screen shows you some details of the cellular network but when you scroll down you should see entries like this:

Internet Access Point

<name of your currently active WLAN IAP>

IP address

<x.y.z.w>

Network mask:

<x.y.z.w>

and so on.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Nope, it's not there lol. I just got these options:

mob. country code

mob. network code

current country code

current network code

roaming

network mode

network mode settings

packet data sent

packet data received

And that's about all =/ 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
feel

[ Edited ]

sir i want to know the host address of nokia e71. which is used to upgrade the software of the device. it is there when u go to main menu and then go in tools and then into device manager, there we need put host address to start configuration. plz help me out, i shatl be thankful to u, thnx

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
coffee_jellly23

edited the subject -  Re: MAC Address and IP Address on E71.

Please use plain text.