Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

MMS settings for C3-00

Wee_G

MMS settings for C3-00

Hi

I recently bought the nokia C3-00 on Vodafone but due to the area i live in the signal was rubbish so had to get the phone unlocked to use my old O2 one.  I now cant get to send or receive picture messages and its doing my head right in. 

I have tried to follow a few websites to get this problems resolved but i dont know if i have helped or made the problem worse now i dont know how to resore the default settings so that i can try again.

I had the same problem with accessing the internet also but i can now get onto the internet after using settings that i found online.

If someone knows how i can sort this before i go off my head it would be really good

Thanks

Gillian

Please use plain text.
Sage
chromecat

Re: MMS settings for C3-00

This is a bit of problem, because you have the C3s bought from Vodafone has customized firmware. The MMS settings for these phones can be loaded over the air (OTA) by receiving an SMS from the operator. Manually entering settings is not an option (at least for my Voda-C3).

To restore the factory settings, you could do a factory reset (from the phone Menu->Settings->Restore factory sett. after backing up your data. This will supposedly delete the old MMS settings, too (Settings->Messaging->More->Message Settings->Multimedia Messages->Configuration Settings). The security code by default is 12345. Before the factory reset, take note of all the other settings too, as you might need them. After that, request your operator to send the MMS settings in the aforementioned SMS. Perhaps it could be done automatically from the operator's page (this is the case with Vodafone).

Hope this helps.

Nokia Lumia 520 3046.0000.1329.2001 RM-914
Nokia Asha 302 V15.09 22-05-13 RM-813
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

a factory reset wont do anything it just restores the goner default settings call your operator and ask them to send the settings and save as default

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
chromecat

Wee_G was asking for a way to reset the default settings. The factory reset exactly does that. It is more difficult to recover the device from an undetermined state. The factory reset returns the phone to a known state.

Nokia Lumia 520 3046.0000.1329.2001 RM-914
Nokia Asha 302 V15.09 22-05-13 RM-813
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
s1a1r1a1h1

I have the same problem! Total nightmare. I e-mailed vodafone and they sent me 'how to configure WAP & MMS. AND a new SIM card, but still no joy. It may be your handset that is faulty. If you ever find out how to sort this, PLEASE let me know.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
paulalouise

Re: Connecting to the internet

Hi Gillian

Ive just purchased a nokia c3-00 i cant connect to the internet at all ive called 02 twice now and they tolds me i should be connected but im not, Can you tell me how you managed to get on ??

Paula

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
feezy

nokia c3 mms help needed it does not work on zong network, it can recieve mms but cannot send . i have adjusted the pic quality still it does not works
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ShujaatSajju

same proble here :smileysad:

Please use plain text.