Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Maps on Nseries.

Contributor

Maps on Nseries.

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying a new N96, but i read somewhere that it comes with 3 months maps for free. Does it mean I need to pay after 3 months to make use of maps software or download maps of different countries or?

cheers.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fineday

Yeah, just as scoobyman said, downloading maps into mobile phone is free, while you must pay for a lisence to activate navigating function.

So after 3 months you can still download any maps you like and view them in NOKIA Maps application freely just like an electric map viewer. The only difference is you can no longer navigate ---- both voice or not.

Hmmm...in fact there are ways to solve this problem...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks a lot guys. Anything special you guys think I should be aware of before buying this device, to avoid surprises or rather disappointments?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fineday

As far as I'm concerned, I won't recommend N96. There is no key improvements on N96 comparing with N95 8GB except the appearance ---- an appearance of simply mixed N81 and N82 ---- but more expensive.

So in my mind, when deciding to pay a large amount of money on anything, one must confirm first that its worth paying such an amount of dollars. For N96, to me, just a different appearance does't worth such money. I won't buy it.
Please use plain text.