Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Media Player widget on N8

Contributor

Media Player widget on N8

[ Edited ]

I've got the media player widget on one of my home screens. This works fine until I listen to the radio. Cleverly the widget becomes a radio controller, but I've found no way to get it back to controlling my media library once I've finished using the radio.

I need to go back into the menu and start the media player from there to reset the widget.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Advisor
somemadcaaant

Re: Media Player widget on N8

To be honest that seems to be the best work around, the widget can't be changed by itself unfortunately from what I can tell, as you stated becomes the media/radio player automatically.

-smc.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
brickere

yep, I've noticed this too. weird. as much as I really do like this phone, it's stupid stuff like this that really irritates me. feels like sloppy, or at least incomplete, testing on Nokia's part.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

[ Edited ]

So what would you like for widget to do in this case?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
somemadcaaant

Feature request lol

Simply the widget should have a radio and media player button on it.

If i was to design the widget with media in mind i'd have have better icons, ditch the pink? (**bleep** where they on) colour for the icon, display song name and next song, scroll it to fit and have an app/ widget mode button for when you want more control.

-smc

Please use plain text.