Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Media touch key no longer working - Nokia X6 1...

Contributor
rattyp
Accepted Solution

Media touch key no longer working - Nokia X6 16gb

The dedicated media key on my new X6 16gb (firmware v12.0.091) suddenly stopped working. When I press it ,still get vibration feedback to indicate a key press has occurred but the pop down menu no longer appears. Can't link it to an specific event. Was working originally, now it isn't.

Anyone know a fix without hard reset?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
steve_x6

Re: Media touch key no longer working - Nokia X6 16gb

long shot but try rebooting, this can sort a lot of problems

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

try to backup your phone then soft reset using *#7370#

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nmphillips

Hi guys, did this fix the problem with the media button? I have the same problem!

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
talktoravikumar

hi... restarting the phone is resolving the problem... thanks for the info...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jittha

Media touch key no longer working - Nokia X6 16gb

hello, 

Media Key (Right side top below the front camera) is not working after i update to v30 in nokia x6. plz help me

Please check the photo i have circled the Media Key 

Thanks in advance 

Jay

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Doesn't seem that you have tried the two solutions in the posts above.. If not..

1. Re-boot your phone .. 

If not solved...

2. Factory Reset - Menu > Settings and Phone > Phone mgmt. > Factory settings... dial 12345 (Default code if you have not set your own) when prompted...

If not solved...

3. Soft Reset - Dial   *#7370# followed by 12345 ( (Default code if you have not set your own) when prompted...

V.Important..Take back up before going for options 2 and / or 3. Factory reset should not erase any data but still back-up is recommended..whereas Soft Reset will erase your Personal Data / Installed applications  so back-up is a must to restore these later on..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jittha

tnx, its worked, i clicked that white start as u said, but nothing happens in my PC, is that means anything??

any way thanks again

see ya...:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Rajankumar12

I have nokia x6 i have only one problem in my phone that when i touch an application to open the phone touch the adjacent apps to open.
Please use plain text.
ayaz444

i have a problem with my touch key... bottom touch righty and left as well... i format mass memory and then phone too by *#7370# but still not working... plz some tell me solution plzzzzz

Please use plain text.