Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Memory Card Problem

scraper
Accepted Solution

Memory Card Problem

My Nokia 5800 memory card sometimes goes rogue and i cant access my music player and says my files are corrupted. The problem is i can view my images and i can access the music via file manager.... How do i go about this before i go crazy!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Music Library File might get corrupted if you are swapping between two cards or taking out card from card slot with out going through whole process (file manager>memory card>options>remove mem card>closing applications>remove mem card and press OK)  solution is simple, whenever problem appears just open music player and refresh music library.  

Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

1. Connect your 5800 to you PC in Mass Storage Mode
2. On your PC you will need to have allowed to “Show” hidden files, do this from Explorer/Tools/ Folder Options/ View and select “Show hidden files and Folder”
3. Open your SD memory card/Removable Disk in My Computer on PC
4. Go to E:\ Private there you will see 3 folders 101f8857, 101ffca9 and 10281e17 .
5. Go to Private\101f8857\Cache\E there you will see .dat files. Delete all the .dat file BUT NOT the E Folder. Shown above right
6. Now go to Private\101ffca9 there you will see another .dat file, Delete the dat file NOT the folder.
7. Finally go to Private\10281e17 There you should see 4 files 2 are Mp3 files other are Podcast files. Delete mpxv2_2.db & mpxv2_2.db-journal for Mp3 files list and Delete pcv6_1.db & pcv6_1.db-journal for Podcast files list. Shown above right
8. Close all windows and disconnect your Phone. Go to Music Library and it should automatically start a refresh.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Incorrect usb disconnects can damage  memory card files .

Run Scan Disc   at freqent intervals on your memory card .

jje

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AdrianSee

I got the similar problem with 'Scaper', But Im Using A Nokia 5530.

I tried the solution 'ChanChan05' Suggested... But It doesn't work for my 5530

when I disconnected my phone from the PC and I went to Music Library.. It Does Scan my phone for music files (Searching for music and podcasts) but it already scan for a very long period.

Before I did the solution to my 5530, I transferred some music to my 5530 and I keep on refresh my library but it took for a very long period ; I thought it maybe could work if it take longer period so I refresh it before I went to bed at night then the next day I woke up, I look on to my 5530... It still scanning [refreshing... 0 file(s) added]

Please!!! Could anyone help me as soon as possible...:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AdrianSee

Maybe I deleted the files that 'ChanChan05' called to and now my phone lost all the musics i previous added!!! I am going crazy.... Please help me!!!
Please use plain text.
NX_5_8_0_0

Followed all your instruction up till 10281e17 there were 4 files which were in the folder, but the ones you said to delete were not there? the only files in the folder were : [102830AB]thumbnail_v2 , [101ffc31]mpxv2_5 , _101FF~1.DB-  and mpxv2_2.db

help please?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

"mpxv2_2.db & mpxv2_2.db-journal for Mp3 files list "

"pcv6_1.db & pcv6_1.db-journal for Podcast files list"

You didn't downloaded any podcast? thats why.
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tobykhwong

Thanks! I really needed it!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nokaia7230

cellfone do not store any data in memory card exept creating backup files.  the back up files cannot be viewed exept restoring back to cellfone memory which is not sufficient for any data. 

the fone memory is full but the memory card is empty because of fone does not transfer any data to memory card.

Please use plain text.
Kasi

I did all above steps in my 5800. My phone keeps saying  "Repairing corrupted library. Searching for music and podcasts" for several minutes. It is not able to detect the files !

I have music files both in Phone and card.

Please help.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
kamal111

[ Edited ]

Thank's buddy. I have solves the same problem in my nokia 5230. thaks again for giving guidence.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
daywalker643

do u find a solution?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zedism

I am having trouble with my phone. Today when i was transferring some 3 to 4 apps to my phone memory card in which some apps are giving msgs that it may harm my device, but than i still run that apps and than when i run that particular app it was working fine but after 5 to 6 minutes all my memory card apps gone suddenly and now i am unable to see my memory card apps into my device and i cant run them, but all the apps are still installed in my memory card as i can see them through installed apps setting but cant see them in apps folder. remaining things of memory card working fine (songs,video etc) but apps not showing in my device and when i restart my phone i am getting system error at startup and also some error of write user data. Now tell me guys what should i do now?? Thanks

I am using Nokia 5233

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
majela

i'm having a problem with my memory card.. i can't view all the images and mp3 but the capacity of the card is sitll the same as if all files are still in there. this is the 3rd time. what should i do?? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@majela

It may not be possible to retrieve data from this card and remains to be seen whether you can reformat it for further use.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.