Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Memory full. Delete or Remove some data from C: Ph...

Contributor

Memory full. Delete or Remove some data from C: Phone Memory.

Last night i deleted my messages in my inbox and sent box.

afterwards i didn't do anything else and suddenly just stopped working. i turned it off and turned it back on and it came up with

Memory full. Delete or Remove some data from C: Phone Memory.

and then every so often would come up with system error

i tried going into things like the photos or video and internet and apps pages to view them but it would just freeze and not do anything...

i recieved some text that were sent like 3 hours before when i thought it was working and i could text back as when you go to reply you can't go into the screen to start touch screen typing....

i finally got into the C: drive by connecting to my comp and deleting stuff even though the C: is not full it keeps coming up with this...

i can't connect to comp and PC suite has never worked to try and update software or something and it now doesn't have the settings to go on internet itself to get updates. i have got vodafone to text me configs for internet but it says its already saved and it still doesn't work...

any ideas peeps???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Re: Memory full. Delete or Remove some data from C: Phone Memory.

You don't say what phone but I'm guessing a recent S60. Messages take a small amount of the available memory in these phones, so unless you have lots of MMS or Bluetooth messages these aren't going to make a big difference.

The best bet is to check the Memory Details from File Manager, this should tell you where you have lotd of memory in use. It could just be media files (images, music etc.) that could be moved to memory card to save space in phone memory.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Sorry its an N97

thats the thing i deleted all the messages before this happened so that doesn't make any sense

THe only way i could check and delete an files on C: last night was to connect it to my comp and delete from there there wasn't much on there as it is.  it says there is 41.3 MB free

Nothing in these folders - Games, pics, no installed files, nokia, other, sound files, system,

In IM folder there's 3 files

05706jo443.cfg

05706jo443.imr

lcspro.cfg

not much else to put

Please use plain text.
Contributor

just turned it off and turned it back on again put in my pin and then there is just a blank screen nothing there and came up system error...

These phones do my head in thought they would solve the problems they had with the N95 when i had it....

when i had like 4 new N95's in a year.... looks like its gonna go the same way with this phone..

any ideas anybody before my mobile goes through the window lol

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=159

here are some other things to consider

also from c memory under system delete cache and dmrg folder. don't worry they self replicate  

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.

Friend the best way to get rid of this error is to make a Roset of your phone using " *#7370# "

=>This code will format ur mobile memory and you'll be free from such errors!! 

but as far i know is this that i'm facing the same problem too!!!!

you should make a memory flash on your handset..

thanks,

best regards,

MOHAMMAD WAMIQ.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

I face the same problem with my Nokia N 73  Phone.

i get this message "memory full delete some data" and the swithces itself off very often.

I tried *#7370# to restore original settings  but nothing happened.

when i connect to pc via usb to update software or download antivirus, error message pops up  "unable to activate massstorage mode"

Your valuable suggestions are highly appreciated

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

Visit this link:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=smartphones&thread.id=120841&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Throw some kudos, they mean a lot to us :smileyhappy:

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Friend,

I had the same problem with my N 73 phone. I did a software update and now phone is as good as a brand new.

Use pc suite and connect your phone to a pc and then do a software update and that should solve this problem

Please use plain text.
ben_of_Sulu

Hi, I have the same problem of what your are experiencing. I have deleted (from phone) all my SMS messages and all other log files, saved files in my phone memory but still giving the same message that memory is full.

Thank God, I solved this problem by installing first Nokia PC suite into my PC and connected my NokiaE52 using USB cable. To my surprised, all the messages, files, logs etc. which I deleted from my NokiaE52 were still there. How come not deleted???. Hence, again I deleted all these files and clears all the phone memory usage by using Nokia PC suite program.

I Hope this will help.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
puchu

i have nokia 5233.. n every time its coming memory full, delete some data from C: Phone Memory... bt i have deleted all the things from it.. am nt able to uninstall any of the apps... when am tring to update the software its coming no memory and failed to create file... dont know what to do... help !!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nevamind55

I have the same problem of memory full its says delete some data from the c funny enough i have nothing on the phone other than contact numbers,its not allowing me to open the web page,the settings or even contacts , i have deleted all messages ,music,when i try to remove whatsap which is already old to be updated its says not enough space to install . .now i totally cannot use it it just swhich off and on and nothing else ple help

Please use plain text.