Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Memory problem in c3

Registered Member
raviebr

Memory problem in c3

Some one Plzz help ME

After upgrading nokia c3   v 07.20 iam facing some problems i cant open web search it showing some errors { java/lang/out of memory error }

and even if i download and instal any software from net or system its shwing error like

{CLASS NOT FOUND JAVA/LANG/ Class NOT FOUND EXCEPTION}

Please use plain text.
masud76

Re: Memory problem in c3

After update verson...some application like google map not open and show me java/lang...class not founnd.My phone is nokia c3. Pls some one give me solution to overcome the problem.
Please use plain text.
Sage
shazir

masud76, this issue seems to be common among many users for C3-00. What you can do is try to delete the app & reinstall same via a fresh download.

Tip: AFAIK the C3-00 does not support Google Maps.
Pls click the green star at left if you find my post useful.
C3-00 V07.20 Devices since 1999 Motorolla A130 ETACS, MicroTAC ETACS, M3788, Accompli 008, C200 Nokia RinGoIII (NHX-7A) ETACS, 7250i, 3210, 5210, 6030, 3230, 2300, 2310, 3110c, 6300 Ericsson KF788 TDMA, A1018s Sony Ericsson K510 Samsung SGH-600, C210, GT-C3200 Blackberry 7130g
Please use plain text.
Hasanmastermind

It occurs when the phone's not have enough memory for a particular game,or application Software.

If you will delete the games then there will be no change in the coming issue.Since that is not coming due to the phone memory however that is coming due to the heap size of the device. 

hope when nokia releases more phone models, they will increase the heap memory.

Nokia C3's APP Memory:

Maximum Heap Size     2 MB

Maximum JAR Size        2 MB

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kazvorpal

This is not as simple as an app needing more heap and therefore never working...for example, I've been using the gmail app with my C3 for months, and suddenly in the past few days it's started giving me memory errors when using it, yet never did before. Rebooting hasn't helped, So something has gone wrong, but it's not a problem the app normally had with my machine.

Please use plain text.
Sage
nicrame

@shazir: i'm using Google Maps without problems on my C3-00. The MIDP version works without problems.

Try guys move the software into memory card.
I'm using GPSMid .jar file that is 75MB and it is working without problems, but i place all apps on memory card (not inside phone memory). Problem may become later, because phone free memory is about 10MB AFAIK, so when software download something and save (like emails with attachments, or maps cached by googlemaps) on phone memory.
Don't say you want to help - just do it! Happy user of Nokias: 6150 SAT (still work), 6021 (used as backup, still work), 5220 XpressMusic (Drown, screaming for Contact Service), C3-00 (my current phone).
Please use plain text.
Sage
shazir

nicrame, thanks for the GMaps tip buddy, I will try that version.
C3-00 V07.20 Devices since 1999 Motorolla A130 ETACS, MicroTAC ETACS, M3788, Accompli 008, C200 Nokia RinGoIII (NHX-7A) ETACS, 7250i, 3210, 5210, 6030, 3230, 2300, 2310, 3110c, 6300 Ericsson KF788 TDMA, A1018s Sony Ericsson K510 Samsung SGH-600, C210, GT-C3200 Blackberry 7130g
Please use plain text.
Sage
nicrame

Well i was wrong about free memory inside the phone, it is 55MB, but still it is shared with all apps, games, wallpapers, themes and SMS/MMS messages. Also photos and voice recordings may be saved inside phone memory. So best option is to use memory card for everything You can configure for that.
Don't say you want to help - just do it! Happy user of Nokias: 6150 SAT (still work), 6021 (used as backup, still work), 5220 XpressMusic (Drown, screaming for Contact Service), C3-00 (my current phone).
Please use plain text.
zenje

UPDATING SOFTWARE ISSUE

I AM TRYING TO UPDATE MY NOKIA C3-00, AFTER DOWNLOAD GETTING TO THE STAGE OF UPDATING.. IT POP UP UPDATING FAILURE.. WHAT DO I DO? AND DOES THIS UPDATE REALLY MATTER.. SOMEONE SHOULD PLEASE HELP..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tigeref

how do you use the memory card, i have one, but every time i have a message it asks me to delete apps, i only have 20 photos and 5 videos, its a joke
Please use plain text.
Sage
nicrame

@zenje: do You try to update with phone itself, or with some software on computer (and USB cable)?

@tigeref: no, not knowing how to use memory card is a joke. Open camera, go to options, settings, and change storage (i do not know extactly english name coz i use different language, it is first option on the top), change here to memory card. Next step, move all already made videos or photos to memory card instead of phone memory. And another step, move all installed apps to memory card by phone (go to gallery and do this there, many apps download some things and keep them in phone memory, then it will be moved automatically to memory card with app). The installed apps are in games i think, don't know why Nokia made such brilliant decision to put new installed apps in games automatically, maybe they do not know what games are. or it is just another, very hard to solve mistake in S40 ;-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tigeref

Joke? its this nokias a joke, cause i know how to use a memory card but you dont seem to understand me, i just assumed like with every single other phone i have had, once a memory card is in, everything is automatically saved to this, which in my case, it does not, mt photos are set to save on my memeory card, but when ever i get messages it asks my to delete things as i have no memory, well its a new phone and i havent got much on there, what im asking is, is there any way you change to default to memory card!
Please use plain text.
Sage
shazir

tigeref, if you are expecting the SMS/Emails to be stored in the memory card, then unfortnately the C3 does not support that :smileysurprised:( These by default goes to the phone memory (which means you will need to clear unwanted / read messages frequently.
Please use plain text.
Arrow_Strider

However, any of the hints mentioned DOENS´T SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

If that´s the case, Nokia FAILS terribly in launching an upgraded firmware that messes java apps.

Is there a way to downgrade the phone´s firmware?

Please use plain text.
Issabelle10

I have the nokia C3 and im getting the out of memory message as well and i have everything saved to my memory card and its making no diffrence at all, i keep the messages deleted and anything else associated with phone memory that i can change but it still does nothing
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Go to internet- clear the cache.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
liomessi10

I have this problem too in my nokia c3, "java/lang/out of memory error", it appears only when running need for speed shift and nfs undercover, what does it mean? the memory doesn´t support these games? and, by the way, I have google maps installed and it works perfectly
Please use plain text.
Contributor
skcats15

My Nokia C3-01 has the latest software according to Nokia Suite. I like the phone very much but there is a serious problem with the email software. Almost every time I try and open an email I get a message "out of memory, restart application". Occasionally I get the "java/lang" memory error that others have referred to. This renders the email function virtually useless. I have no games or apps installed on the phone and the phone memory (as opposed to the card memory) is showing 20% free.

I would be grateful for someone's help in reolving this maddening fault. I have been loyal to Nokia since buying my first Talkman in 1988 but this could be the last. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pUnkxsKa

PLSS.somebody help mw...

why my nokia c3 phone memory is full..but the gallery is empty only themes and ringtones are there inside the gallery cuz..you cn't deleted it..now i can't open my music player and and also can't apply a new themes..and also my messages s also back to 0  cuz i dnt have a phone mem...and i can't format my phone becuz it needs security code ..but i didn't put any security code....

Please use plain text.