Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Message: Not Enough Memory to Perform Operation. Delete some Data first

My Nokia Mobile N72, is showing a messages when i do any operation like that "Not Enough Memory to Perform Operation. Delete some Data first".
But my mobile has a lots of space in it. (approx. 400 MB).
When any messages comes, it show this message, when i send a message then show, when i insert any mp3 song through Data cable...then show...
Plz tell what is the problem in it..
Thanks..
Mobile Guru
babdi

Re: Message: Not Enough Memory to Perform Operation. Delete some Data first

13-Mar-2008 03:42 AM
anil2k8 wrote:
My Nokia Mobile N72, is showing a messages when i do any operation like that "Not Enough Memory to Perform Operation. Delete some Data first".
But my mobile has a lots of space in it. (approx. 400 MB).
When any messages comes, it show this message, when i send a message then show, when i insert any mp3 song through Data cable...then show...
Plz tell what is the problem in it..
Thanks..

Your message boxes ( received, sent,drafts must be full ). Delete the ones you dont want and try. The MB size that shows is of data card. Messages are stored in phone memory and phone allocates a fixed amount memory for messages. This memory is what is used up and hence you get the message "Not enough memory...."
If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Registered Member

Not Enough Memory to Perform Operation. Delete some Data first

I am using an N77 Phone and i have the same problem. A message "Not enough memory to perform an operation. Delete some data first." would lately invade my screen while i am trying to send a message. I don't use my phone memory, only the memory card which is 2Gig. I also haven't used even half of the memory space of my memory card... But still i deleted some files like messages in the sent, drafts and folders. I also deleted some videos but it is still the same.. Please help.
Registered Member

Re: Not Enough Memory to Perform Operation. Delete some Data first

how's ur cell now? we have the same problem. how did you fix it?
Registered Member

Contacts deleted

I am using Nokia N72. I copied all my contacts to another group and then deleted all the contacts. But the contacts get deleted from the group as well. I have lost almost 561 contacts. Is there any way oou to retrieve them.

Thanks
Ranjana
Mobile Guru
babdi

Re: Contacts deleted

Data once deleted from phone cannot be restored.
If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Registered Member
Robjohnson747

I have the same problem on my E72 - lots of memory, no extra SMS's, its say "not enough memory to perform operation.  Delete some data first".  Any solutions yet?

Advisor
janpop

Hi,

I'm having this problem as well with my Nokia E72, the message "Memory full. Delete or move some data from C: Phone memory".

It is extremely annoying as it pretty much makes the phone unusable.

Anybody having a solution please can you post it here.

Thank you!

Jan

Registered Member
kata1983

I had the same problem with E63. I manage to fix it:

Go to MESSAGING -> pres OPTIONS -> SETTINGS -> OTHER -> MEMORY IN USE -> "NAME OF YOUR MEMORY CARD"

Because now all your messages are saved onto your phone memory.

Good luck!

Registered Member
ennui23

I did a soft reset that fixed the problem

Soft reset – Doesn’t involves deletion of user data (Contacts, SMS, etc’) . Type *#7780# from the standby screen. The Default security code is 12345.
Registered Member
mnool

I did but it doesnt work with me!!