Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Message "WLAN: Unable to connect. Wlan Network not...

Message "WLAN: Unable to connect. Wlan Network not Found."

[ Edited ]

Well guys i bought my nokia 5800 today so like any other curious people i looked the wi-fi hoping connect with the internet and when i try to connect with the wi-fi appears this message "WLAN: Unable to connect. Wlan Network not Found." and then it dosen´t connectbut he finds normally the networ and this message appears after i type the Router password.i´ve already looked in another foruns and i´ve already switch off the Option Qos in my router and the problem cotinues, so anyone can help me?my router is one linksys wrt54g and the type of connection is static ip an the security is Wpa Personal TKIP....

PLEASE ANYONE CAN HELP ME?I´D BE VERY GRATEFUL WITH THE SOLUTION FOR MY PROBLEM...

Thanks 

Message Edited by darkcraft on 13-Jul-2009 09:47 PM
Please use plain text.

Re: Message "WLAN: Unable to connect. Wlan Network not Found."

[ Edited ]

hai,

me to have the same problem.

thanks

Moderator note: e-mail address removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on the public boards.

Message Edited by michaels on 23-Jul-2009 01:07 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I face the same issue, i have upgraded the firware and tried with soft and hard resets but wifi behaviour is wierd. It finds wifi networks sometimes and sometimes doesnt and when i try to enter the pre shared key and connect it says unable to connect?

If its a a common problem with E71 nokia phones, as i have seen many users facing the same issue then why Nokia doesnt release the fix

Please help

Xia
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

First of all, turn off the power saving in the advanced settings of WLAN from your phone. Don't use IPv4 config, set it to automatic (DHCP). Set the router or AP to WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and fill in the passfrase of 13 digits. Turn off the WPA2 only mode in the phone and use the Pre-shared Key (PSK) from the router or AP.
‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Contributor

where can i find the power saving option. Can you please guide me on my E71.

Thanks!

Xia

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Menu-> tools-> settings-> connection-> Wireless LAN-> options-> advanced settings-> yes-> power saving-> disabled.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Yeah i tried disabling the power saving option but its still the same. One thing i have noticed is when i switch the phone in offline mode it detects the wireless network 100% and when i try to connect providing the pre shared key it gives the same message "Wlan: unable to connect: Wlan network not found". But in online mode it rarely detects the network even. Please help me
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Are you sure the SSID of the router is set to visible?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Yes the SSID is set to visible and there is no filtering of MAC on the router.
Please use plain text.
Sage

xiarahman wrote:
Yeah i tried disabling the power saving option but its still the same. One thing i have noticed is when i switch the phone in offline mode it detects the wireless network 100% and when i try to connect providing the pre shared key it gives the same message "Wlan: unable to connect: Wlan network not found". But in online mode it rarely detects the network even. Please help me

Have you already tried changing the WLAN channel that your access point (or router) operates on?

You could try configuring your WLAN access point to different channel to see if that helps (try few different channels). In case you have plenty other WLAN networks (from neighbours) operating on the same channel than your own WLAN network it can cause interference for your network. Sometimes interference may also be caused by non-WLAN devices operating on the 2.4GHz frequency band, most common sources of interference (for 2.4GHz 802.11b/g WLAN) are cordless DECT phones and Bluetooth devices.

Have you tried switching your WLAN access point configuration between different security modes like WPA2-PSK (AES) and WPA-PSK (TKIP)?

Also check if there are firmware/software upgrades available for your WLAN access point model making sure you're running the latest access point firmware version. Try performing a factory reset on the WLAN access point configuration (if you know how to re-configure your WLAN access point).

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have tried soft reset, hard reset (factory reset) , upgraded the firmware to the latest version - tried even changing the security modes, and channels on access point  but all invain.

The thing is why doesnt it detect the network when the phone is in online mode ?

I wish someone from Nokia support helps me out.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

When you open the conn.mgr.-> available WLAN networks, do you see your network? If you do, define the accesspoint in options. If you don't, go to a friend or free hotspot to check your phone. When you can make a connection there, your router is the problem. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

dear nokia!

bug known since june. no we have december. 

just bought the new e72, same problem.

please fix.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

ice_climber wrote:

dear nokia!

bug known since june. no we have december. 

just bought the new e72, same problem.

please fix.

Problem? What problem?

Please use plain text.

Same To me. I have Asus WL-500W router at home, WPA2-PSK(AES), password similar to this "lIGf@91pY0TnFY!Jh@7LjTUlsL3ZPY", MAC address filtering. My old Nokia E51 works, my Touch Pro Works with it. When i try my one day old Nokia E72 it does not work, the same like others:WLAN: Unable to connect. Wlan Network not Found. E72 works at my work wifi, which has the same settings but without mac filtering. Have no idea what is happening, all is setting correctly. MAC address of E72 is allowed on router. It has the same settings like E51, but E51 works like a charm E72 does not work. What is wrong?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

tomasvaril wrote:
Same To me. I have Asus WL-500W router at home, WPA2-PSK(AES), password similar to this "lIGf@91pY0TnFY!Jh@7LjTUlsL3ZPY", MAC address filtering. My old Nokia E51 works, my Touch Pro Works with it. When i try my one day old Nokia E72 it does not work, the same like others:WLAN: Unable to connect. Wlan Network not Found. E72 works at my work wifi, which has the same settings but without mac filtering. Have no idea what is happening, all is setting correctly. MAC address of E72 is allowed on router. It has the same settings like E51, but E51 works like a charm E72 does not work. What is wrong?

Try to set the WPA2 only mode off and turn off MAC filtering just to check.

Please use plain text.
Sage

tomasvaril wrote:

As already suggested, you could try disabling the MAC filtering from the router, just to outrule possibility of a typo while entering E72's MAC address to router settings.

Have you tried swithing a WLAN channel that your router uses?

Log in to your router's web management pages (check router's default IP address and username/password from it's manual) and switch of the "Automatic" channel selection mode. Try few different channels, like 1, 3, 6, 9, 11, if one of the channels happens to work any better. Note that in case you have set your router to use channels 12 or 13 (or in case "Automatic" channel selection mode has decided to select channel 12 or 13) you must have a SIM card inserted and some other than "Offline" profile enabled on your phone since Offline mode (i.e. airplane / flight mode) won't allow your phone to operate on higher channels than 11.

In case you have configured your WLAN network (SSID) to be "hidden", try disabling hidden SSID mode on the router.

Asus WL-500W router seems to be a pre-standard 802.11n device so might be worth looking in to your router's WLAN settings and see if playing around with router's WLAN operating mode and settings improve the situation. First of all ensure that your router is not set to operate in 20/40MHz mode (set it to 20MHz only) assuming that the router is in default 802.11b/g/n mode. You could also try disabling the 802.11n mode completely by selecting a 802.11b/g mode (if available).

You should probably also check that you're running latest (2.0.0.6 ??) firmware version on your Asus WL-500W router since there seems to plenty of complaints regarding WLAN connectivity and stability issues (in general, not specific to Nokia handsets) with this particular router model.

Please use plain text.

Thank you guys for help. I have just changed only channel from Auto mode to channel number 6 on router and phone has sucesfuly connected to AP. It is strange than old Nokia E51 has no problem with connecting to AP and brand new Nokia E72 has one :-) Thank you again fo help!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
herrfox

also fo NOKIA N8 THE SAME PROBLEM: Unable to connect - WLAN Network not found;I see my network in the wlan list but when i try to connect to it,i read: Unable to connect-wlan network not found;i tryed with: mac filter on/off,dhcp on/of,wep protection on/off,firewall router on/off,power saving in the phone on/off, but the problem is the same ever!..Niklas Savander,..where you are?..nokia is back?..but with the same problems!:smileysad:

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Have you tried to set channel of your WiFi router for example to 6?

Please use plain text.