Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Microsoft Apps update not available for Nokia ...

Advisor
jobymanuel
Accepted Solution

Microsoft Apps update not available for Nokia 701

From nokia conversations website, I could see that MIcrosoft Apps is available for Nokia 701 (http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/04/10/get-microsoft-office-for-symbian/) post Belle FP1 update. But I am not able to get that update. I am from India. My product code is 059J7M4 (This is a new code that I got after taking my mobile to Nokia care for software update).

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Re: Microsoft Apps update not available for Nokia 701

Hi jobymanuel,

If the Nokia care point staff has changed your product code in repair, they should have changed it back to the original before handing it back to you. In this case please visit the Care point and ask them to change the product code back to the original. If they have replaced enough parts, or the whole device, so that the product code has been changed as well, then it's just not available for your device yet.

Hope this helped!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jobymanuel

Hi Jampe,
Thanks for the reply. They didn't change any hardware. Only did a software update. After the update, I aksed them whether they changed the product code and they said NO. I don't know how to prove it. I am sure that previous to the service it was having the product code 059H1X8(same as the one below the battery). After service they changed it to 059J7M4.

Thanks,

Joby

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

In this case you should contact the Care point and ask them to change the product code back, since you can proof that it is not the original anymore. Contact your local Nokia Care line and ask assistance if they refuse to do this.

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Yes. Once after the Microsoft apps 2.0 is found to be having problem, it is removed from software update.
My 701 has Belle FP1 and ms apps 2.0 is not yet available.

When are you going to release it?

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

@ Srikanthsd

Unfortunately we don't have information regarding to the release date of MS apps 2.0 for your device.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Well I appreciate your confirmation sir.
Also please do note that battery performance with FP1 is reduced. Please provide a solution in the coming update.

Thank you.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jobymanuel

[ Edited ]

I think the battery life is reduced because of Nokia Battery monitor running in the background. When I uninstalled it, the battery life is > 3 days. befaore that it was 2 days. This is my observation about battery life. Let me know if this help you.

Please use plain text.