Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Microsoft apps update disturbed the emal clien...

Counsellor
AjeeTdear

Microsoft apps update disturbed the emal client on 701

With the update of Microsoft applications email client is not working. Two icons namely..freestyleemail and emailwidget..have cropped up...and unfortunately none are working as on clicking icons dpn't open or response. Very irritating. Please, Nokia, solve the issue as soon as possible.
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Re: Microsoft apps update disturbed the emal client on 701

I bumped into a similar problem..here are some thoughts from me;

Remove first the icons/widgets and remove the email accounts.

If problem by deleting email accounts, disconnect data/wlan

Then go to a new start screen.  

After this, open up settings and start to set up an email account and follow the standard procedure.

If you bump into problems, try to do a soft reset first. If still problem, put in wrong password for your email account...and set up manually instead.

There is something that isnt quiet ok by setting up email accounts after Belle PR1, but mine seems to work fine now.

Speedy and stable they all are actually. Brilliant speed...

Good luck.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

Unforttunately There is no option to remove the two email icons...not even in app manager. I did the soft reset even tnen the two email icons have survived. I have read on net some othdr pepple also complaining the same issue. Nokia should address this as early as possible.
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Did you shut down the internet connections before trying to delete them? Worth a try to shut down wlan and 3G data connection.
I am not familiar with the problem...
Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lockheedmartin

even am facing the same problem, so i have deleted the microsoft apps completely still my email client is crashing when ever i try to open it ...... :smileysad:

Sandeep
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

Infact this problem came ss side effect with the microsoft apps recently. I reached nokia care and they reinstalled the softeare. But in the evening F1 update surfaced and. This update removed these irregular email icons. I again installed microsoft apps...and again those email icons appeared. These are non-removable.
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

Nokia has identified the root cause of this, and it is not a global issue - it seems to be affecting a small number of Indian software variants where one particular language pack has caused the unexpected side-effect.

Owners of the Nokia 603, 700 and 701 can resolve this by updating to Belle Feature Pack 1, as has been discovered by some of our other members already in this thread:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Facing-problem-after-uodating-Microsoft-app-...

MS Apps have been temporarily withheld for other Symbian^3 models which might be affected by this situation, and a fix is already in development for those customers who have been affected already.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

@michaels Feel some relaxed at the nuse that Nokia team is busy to resolve the issue and this sets the standard of Nokia and that is why we respect it. In the mean while I must also confess that I did soft reset to avoid the email problem but IT STOPPED MA PHONE FROM WORKING just flashing Nokia on the screen for a few seconds and then goes blank. I rushed to NOkia care and they have set the software content file on download as the file they said it to be too long. Tomorrow they will update. Then I update here on this site about my experience after update.

ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Hi @Michael,
MS apps are also withheld for new belle phones like 701 too right?
Apps like search, ms app1, social, lotus notes were just available hours before and now only fp1 update is available via FOTA.

Please reply for confirmation. :smileyhappy:

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Microsoft apps 2.0 is again available on Nokia suite as well as on software update menu of my phone. Does that mean the issue has been solved and I can now try to update the apps? Will it solve my problem with message reader?
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

Today I got my phone updated (India) atnokia care.At home I found that this is a bit different from the FOTA (matched my product code)update which showed the same wall papers and also the google search bar and no 'off' button in the camera settings......Now the update at nokia care does not match my product code and the changes are--more wall papers, google search bar missing, 'off' button in the camera settings available.
Nokia officials please tell how to correct it. The unmatching product is 059J7W8.
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

msil icon still not opening and no updates avalabl for microsoft app suite.
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kushalshah009

i did hard reset bt after dat mail widget turnd into freestylemail and nt opning and fp1 upda e nt available fp2 is der bt dnt wanna to update dat ..help
Please use plain text.