Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Missed calls on N73

Missed calls on N73

I am interested in upgrading to an N73 but I want to confirm something. With my 6600, if I leave the phone on my desk and go away for an hour and receive some (missed) calls during this time, then when I return I can see "n missed calls" on the display without having to press any buttons. Please would someone say if the N73 does the same or does the display go completely blank and stay blank until a key is pressed?
Sage

Re: Missed calls on N73

chainsawdude,

I think (only think mind you because I have the N80 and not the N73) that it will go blank eventually.

I find this really annoying on my N80 too, if you get back to it in time with the "time/date screensaver" on the screen you can see that not only is the phone perhaps locked etc (little key symbol); but have you received calls or texts too.

Maybe I am incorrect in this, please feel free anyone to correct me :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the reply. It sort of confirms my worst fears, especially when you say it anoys you as it think it will anoy me.

Is there no way of disabling the power saver or whatever it is?
Counsellor

I find the exactly the same problem rather annoying, I emailed Nokia as a suggestion for improvement. On the N73 there is a little blue light that flashes when the phone goes into sleep mode. I suggested that it maybe flashed faster if a text, missed call had come through!
It seems a bit pointless to have sleep mode when there is no way if you can tell if you have a missed call or anything as you keep having to take it out of sleep mode!!
Anyway you can turn it off but I kinda like the blue flash too :-/
Sage

How about pressing down once on the navigation key.

Peace Out

The Bearded One
Counsellor
u5ernam3

[ Edited ]
Have been using an N80 for a wee while n never thought of doing this! Will try it out...

Message Edited by u5ernam3 on 07-Sep-2006
02:29 PM

Advisor

I thought the blue light did flash faster, it's a pretty pointless if id doesn't.

The screen does go black eventually, but I think it waits longer when there are items on the screen.