Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Mobile Data Switching on

Sage
Briant566

Mobile Data Switching on

Hi

I have just received a replacement 701 phone and  set it up

I do not use Mobile data  due to cost   I only switch on if desperate  so mainly use wi-fi  so Mobile data is switched off

The last two days when behave come to the phone mobile data has switched on and has dowloaded data

So some thing must be switching it on to  update !!!!!

One of the main suspects are Psiloc  World Traveler  so made sure its manual update

The other is Netqin Mobile Security  so made sure access point is my wireless router

The only other is  Viewranger

I have had to temp delete all my O2 mobile data access points till I sort it

My worry is How can a program switch the mobile Data on when it has been set  OF!!!!!!!

Nokia 701 Helping with Lumia 800
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Mobile Data Switching on

@Briant566

Certainly ViewRanger isn't the culprit, although Psiloc World Traveller is notorious in this respect and you might like to look at their resource here:http://www.worldtraveler.biz/faq.html

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Sage
Briant566

Re: Mobile Data Switching on

Thanks for the Link

I also suspected Psiloc

I had disabled  auto updates but not seen the switch  off internet connection  so we shall see

But concerned that a program could override the Mobile Data Settings on the Phone !!

Sage
Briant566

Mobile Data Switching on its own

Got up this morning to find Mobile data had switched on it seem to hapen at 00:00  as i had removed all moblie dat access ponits it ther was no dat used.

I have dissabled internet access in Psiloc Traveller  so thats out

One other suspect is the  Weather Wiget as i seem to have wind direction added to my dailly calendar  which i never had before

The only apps i have is  Netqin which is set to my  Router and theres is manual up date via SMS

Convertor by offscr  This is a New App not had before  !!!!!!

The Flashlight           " Had before"

Battery Monitor 3.1  " Had before"

Compas light             " Had before"

Gps info                       " Had before"

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Mobile Data Switching on its own

@Briant566

If you had been using Vodafone this is the time when all previous connections are collated for charging purposes, but this is not the case here.

Is this device generic SIM free or running network branded firmware?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Sage
Briant566

Mobile Data Switching on its own at 00:00 in

Please Help

I have sat up and watched the phone and at 00:00 Mobile  Data Switches On by itself   !!!!

This morning I altered the the time and set it to 23:59  then once again it switched  Mobile Data on at 00:00  so this can not be a network issue its something on the Phones Time

I have delete all my added App s plus  Disabled  software Updates

I am still convinced it is something to do with the Weather App I have not used the weather widget but I sill have the wind speed added to my calendar to do List  so this point to the weather App but there is no settings

can some body with a FP2 check

My phone is  a 701 O2 PAYG  with FP 2 update