Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Mobile VPN for N8

osaka

secend error code have number : -5258
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
enfogar

-5258 IKE negotiation with gateway failed because there was no acceptable proposal.

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/guides/Nokia_Mobile_VPN_Error_Code_Specification.p...

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
IsmoK

Hi,

The error -5258 means that the GW did not accept the VPN parameters in the policy.

If you don't know the correct ones, you need try different combinations. Check the Step-by-Step

guide for more info:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-mobile-vpn

Thanks,

IsmoK

Please use plain text.
BadFly

This VPN as very bad... In Iphone this procedure is very fast and easy...
Please use plain text.
BadFly

Ismo.

Sorry for my English...

I install the Cisco Any Connect in my Nokia N8, this connect to my VPN, but in the last time, required upgrade and cancel the connection.

I try send bad information in login, and the Annyconect detect the error. ..

Can you know this problem? Or Belle don't work with anyConnect?

TKS

NGP

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sajan_007

Hi,

I think cisco anyconnect does not support Belle (only Anna is supported).

BTW is it available under free download?

-Sd

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
IsmoK

Hi,

I have not used Anyconnect, so I think you better check it from Cisco Support.

Thanks,

Ismo

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
atoha

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody!

Can someone possibly give a link to download the Anyconnect for Symbian?

tnx.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sk_vishwanath

Hi,

@BadFly, How did you get the cisco anyconnect client for symbian?
I'm not able to download it from cisco website.

Thanks,
Vishwanath.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sajan_007

Hi,

Cisco anyconnect is a paid software..

-Sd

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
74hardy

This Blog runs since about 2 years and Nokia is not able to support PPTP or OpenVPN VPN!? It is unbelievable!

I use Synology NAS and FritzBox and with my N8 i can't establish a connection to one of the devices!?!

The Telexy VPN costs 30(!!!)€ so it is absolutely out of question!

Sorry Nokia, my next Mobile is not a Nokia! With Android, EVERYTHING is easier!

Or is there, after two years of criticism, a user friendly VPN PPTP/OpenVPN solution out now?

Please use plain text.
Bhavin1985

Hi,

Is there any VPN client available for N8 to browse blocked sites? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Faezehbhs

i need VPN for my phone(nokia N8) , plz help me 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BoomBird

I am From Oman Purchase NOKIA N8-00. Know nothing how to activate VPN and use skype please help me out. its Urgent

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjw724

Mobile VPN for Symbian

[ Edited ]

Abi99 points in the right direction.  The easiest way to use Nokia VPN is with 12vpn, they are the only VPN gateway provider supporting Symbian with pre-configured (certificate-based) policy files. 

The below is applicable for S60v3 through Belle devices.

Steps to set up Nokia mVPN:

1. Download the Nokia Mobile VPN client - http://store.ovi.com/content/130567
  2. Subscribe to a VPN service - 12vpn recommended, they have a cheap mobile plan
  3. Install a *.vpn policy file - preconfigured at 12vpn's mVPN page (you need to be logged in)

Install the policy file simply by clicking on it.  If it is from 12vpn, you will be prompted for the 12vpn certificate password, which is import.

If this is the first personal certificate you've installed on the phone, you will be prompted to set a password for the Phone key store.  You will be asked for that key store password each time you activate the VPN.

After the policy file is installed, you will have a new VPN Internet Access Point corresponding to that policy under the Intranet destination.  Choose that IAP or the Intranet destination when you start Skype, or any other internet application you want VPN protected.  You should set the Access Point or Connection Type for such applications to Ask when needed, or fixed for the VPN IAP or Intranet destination.

There is also a VPN Toggle function in Belle, for system-wide activation of the VPN.  This is very convenient and works well for applications that don't have a configurable Access Point.  See the attached for more on the Belle-specific UI features.

To confirm an active VPN you can browse to http://ipmap.me. The IP and geolocation displayed will be of the VPN gateway, if you have used the VPN destination or IAP to connect.

The instructions at 12vpn are somewhat dated.  If you want detail, current for Anna & Belle, see the attached Nokia Mobile VPN Setup Guide.  You can ignore the Nokia Configuration Tool instructions if you are using a pre-configured policy file from 12vpn. 

Along with SIP/VoIP, Nokia's mobile VPN is one of the stellar features of Symbian.  Sadly the Symbian VPN resources have recently been removed from public access, as were the SIP/VoIP resources a few months ago.  Once configured both features will still serve perfectly on the millions of Symbian phones yet in circulation.

note: We removed the links that lead to 3rd party websites and direct app downloads. Non-Nokia authorizeds app sources aren't allowed to be posted in the forum.

poster's note: there were no "direct app download" links, a *.vpn policy file is not an app! Once again inappropriate, ill-considered and uninformed mod editing on Nokia Discussions denies Nokia users a valid solution to a genuine need.

Please use plain text.