Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: More problems in my Nokia N8-00

Counsellor
LiptonICEI

More problems in my Nokia N8-00

For several months I had problems with installing Nokia Maps 2.0 on my phone. This is the topic: Problem when trying to update Nokia Maps 2.0

The problem is that the application "Check in" did not reappear again. The Widget "My Location" does not work, because attempts to add it to the screen, is "loading ..." and never shown.

Nokia, as always characterized by scheduling problems and defects in their software horrific. Their phones are not cheap and we sell defective.

How do I fix this? please, see images.

Sorry for bad english, greetings.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

It will involve quite a lot of time and effort, but if you reset your phone, reinstall the latest available software and then set up your phone manually all should work well.

1) Back up your basic information Contacts, Calendar, Messages and Notes using the latest version of Nokia Suite which you can get here.

http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-suite-beta/download_and_installation

2) After the backup, disconnect phone from PC and dial *#7370# followed by 12345 if required (this is the default pass code) The phone will reset and restart and be as it came from the factory, all info will be gone except the phone operating system, do not set up anything except time and date after phone reboots. Connect to Nokia Suite again, check for Software updates and if none available reinstall latest available version, plus any other options you want, Nokia Maps, Microsoft apps etc Once the software is up to date , set up your phone manually. Restore contacts etc from backup, but NOT settings , apps etc a full restore will reinstall whatever is causing your issue..

Once you have set up the phone, add any media or applications you want or need and you are good to go.

Good Luck

PS, This is a user to user forum where people help each other free of charge, there is a friendly atmosphere and swearing at people, even with punctuation, neither encourages people to help you , or conforms with the expected behaviour on the forum :smileywink:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Hello,

I understand and I apologize for my bad language. What happens is that I have enough trouble with software and it cost me dearly. In my province I have no local support Nokia and my only are you (the forum). Agradesco you for responding and I will proceed to do what I say, but ... I have about 4 or 5 applications purchased, will not be deleted?

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

If you purchased the Apps throught the Nokia (Ovi) Store you should be able to re-download them at no charge.

This is usually the case but not allways.  After my Belle update all my purchased apps could be re-installed from the store with no problems, however I have read of people having issues.

You could also contact the Software companies directly and explain the situation.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

OK, one more question ... Is the solution to most of these problems is to do a reset?

¬_¬'

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

I'm doing the reset. I have 151 MB free on C, I will install all applications and comment if problems arise.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

What is better? Is installing applications in C or in the mass memory? please answer soon.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

Install to "E" Mass memory.

Be aware that some applications over-ride you're default and install to "C" anyway.

Some parts of the Maps Suite and the Microsoft Apps do that so you will loose some space on "C"

I'm down to about 40mb free on "C" now and the phone is still running well.

I'd install one thing at a time, then leave it a couple of days to see if there are any problems.

Another point, probably too late now, the N8 seems to take a couple of days to stabilize after the Belle update, if possible I'd leave it alone for a while before installing any apps.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

[ Edited ]

I did the "hard reset", I went install and configure all applications, the phone is updated, my pictures, videos, calendar and messages are restored and the widget "My location" WILL NOT WORK ...

WHAT HAPPENS??? Did I do all this for nothing?

WHAT HAPPENS WITH THESE DEVILS "SMARTPHONES"? Let's see if I respond, because they sure are disappearing now, as they always do and leave the subject without answers.

Moderators note: Profanity removed.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.