Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My C6-00 touch Screen Hangs Alot and not respondin...

Contributor
abdelmagidosama
Accepted Solution

My C6-00 touch Screen Hangs Alot and not responding

Dear Nokia,

My C6-00 touch Screen Hangs Alot and not responding 

any solutions ???

my Software version V41.0.010

Software version date 27.08.11

Type RM-612

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abdelmagidosama

Re: My C6-00 touch Screen Hangs Alot and not responding

even i try Soft Reset but nothing changed :smileyfrustrated:
*#7780#
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi abdelmagidosama,

Welcome to the forum! Could be that the memory is low. Firstly clear the browser cache:

Browser > Options (right bottom corner) > Settings > Privacy > Clear privacy data.

Go to Nokia Store application > Options > Account > Settings > Installation preferences > Select something else than Phone memory. After this delete and reinstall possible application you have installed to phone memory.

If the issue persists, then make a back up with Nokia Suite. Type in *#7370# = hard reset, phone memory will be wiped. Restore back up. If not helping, try to do the back up without settings.

You can also reinstall the software. The process is the same when updating, but at the end select "reinstall".

Hope you get the phone working normally again!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
abdelmagidosama

Dear Jampe,

Reference to your Solutions, kindly note
1- clear the browser cache :- i cannot click on OPTIONS because touch screen is not working

2- Install preferences :- Same Issue i cannot click on OPTIONS because touch screen is not working

3- Hard Reset:- i go the through this option i take backup and press *#7370# and the free space in phone memory 246 MB and still touch screen not working at all (till now i didn't restore backup)

Please feed me back,

Thanks and best Regards,
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Sorry to hear the issue did not get fixed. If you notice that this happens when you have some particular application open, try to delete that application.

If not, then please try to reinstall the phone software Nokia Suite. The process is the same as when updating

If nothing helps, please take the device to your local Nokia Care point and let them inspect it.

Hope this helps!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
abdelmagidosama

[ Edited ]

i already re install the phone software again as per your request and Nothing new ... touch screen was not working & hanging is still there,

Finally, i sent it to Nokia Care Point and they Fix it, touch is slightly slow but it OK.

best Regards,

Please use plain text.
anisahmedis

@abdelmagi..
Can u plz tell me how z Nokia Care ppl fix z problem?Was it SW or HW issue?..
Thx in adv.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
abdelmagidosama

@anisahmedis

as per they told me it's HW Issue
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whitelotus

The slow response is bad enough, but for the past month or two (it's my wife's phone), when you touch the screen it almost always selects the item right above what you want. You can't really touch the area, but have to use your fingernail to tap it near the bottom of what you want. The C6-00 has the features she wants: full keyboard, small size, and joystick, but I'm thinking about getting her an N97-mini: it's basically  the same phone, metal instead of plastic and no joystick, but I haven't seen reports of screen problems, and there are several related to the C6-00.

Please use plain text.