Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

My E63 Internet modem getting Hanging.

My E63 Internet modem getting Hanging.

[ Edited ]

Hello Experts,

I have a Nokia E63 smart phone and I am using this one last 4/5 months and its working cool!

Now a times I am using EDGE Internet by using its modem. When I am used Internet by mobile phone and surfing long time its working pretty good.But I am getting problem when I connected this with my LAPTOP by bluetooth and PC Suite .

Some time its disconnected automatically  and shows modem not found. Some its back to connected after 10/15 minutes later automatically by on/off bluetooth and sometimes I need to restart Mobile phone.

Also most of the time its modem not worked even do mobile restart also laptop restart.Then I had tried to installing PC Suite/ installing Modem newly then it works fine.

But I am in pain situation. I am a IT Professional and need to connect each time either my phone or by laptop. I am using EDGE INTERNET anytime, everywhere  .

I will be glad any one can suggest me what should I do to achieve this solution.

Regards.

zakir

Dhaka,Bangladesh

Message Edited by zakirbd on 24-Jun-2009 04:12 AM
Counsellor

Re: My E63 Internet modem getting Hanging.

i have the exact problem too

the phone stops sending data to the computer

the bluetooth connection works, i can send files

internet on the phone works

but i can't connect to the internet from the computer anymore.

restarting bluetooth on the computer, rebooting the computer, or anything on the computer doesn't help

restarting bluetooth on the phone, disconnecting the packet data connection on the phone nothing helps

the only thing that fixes it is restarting the phone.

[ Edited ]
Hi,

I have downloaded and installed latest PC suite version 7.1.26.1. It minimizes problem about 60% less but it still happens. I think problem is in Nokia Bluetooth E63 Modem driver also PC suite.

I did not find any help from any person, maybe there is no one for support from Nokia which is totally unexpected.

Wish getting any help.
Message Edited by zakirbd on 16-Jul-2009 03:45 PM
Counsellor
e71u

Hi,

Just leave PC suite as it is. Make a dialup over BT using phonenumber *99#. Be sure to fill in your APN name in 'settings>connections>packet data' (i dont use English on my phone so i dont know the correct terms)

Registered Member
sivasagaru

Hi guys,

I have the same problem with my E63. Internet hangs while connected to PC and using. I was **bleep** off alot. I am a Technical support person. So, I thought I can fix this.

Though the problem is with my network as I use a Postpaid and tried it with a prepaid of my network and also 2 other networks.

Thought the problem is with my PC so tried connecting to my laptop and my brother's laptop and PC. Still the problem doesn't solved.

One day, called the Nokia customer care about this. They told might be the PC suite I am using is not working properly (I have a little old PC suite installed). Downloaded a new PC suite and tried. Naaaah.. had a multiple calls to the customer care and all I did is also download OVI Suite. Got the problem again.

The only way I can fix that was turn off the device. When I turn off my device, I am stucking at Nokia logo in turn off process. Had to manually remove and reinsert the batter to get it turn On again.

I finally figured it out that the problem is not with anything except the modem in the device. Customer care figured it out after a milllions of calls. They asked me to send the device for a repair...

holla.. submitted the device in a Nokia care.. They said they gona test the device. If the issue is fixed, they will return it back to me. After one week, I called the customer care for the status. They said they didnot yet received the device. I called the Nokia care. Their response is too stupid. A person from Noka care told me that he tested the device and is working well which I know he is just bluffing. He also told me for my satisfaction, he will send the device to the Nokia Headquaters for the further repair process.

Well.. sent it to the Nokia headquarters. I was totally disappointed coz i received the device back after a week and I STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM. This **bleep** me off alot. I called up the customer care and screamed on them to get me a replacement. I hardly used the device for 15 days. I bought the device on 1st january 2011 and sent to repair on the 20th january. I am going to send the device again to the Nokia care and this time I'm gona make the life miserable to get a replacement. I thought it was a manufacturing defect. After I see all others,

I THINK THIS IS NOT JUST THE MANUFACTURING DEFECT. IT'S A BAD PRODUCT IN MODEM WAYS.

I still say.. I am loving this phone but a problem in the phone is driving me insane...

I'll keep ya'll posted about the status..

Registered Member
wolin_bd

same here,bro.me also suffer this problem too.after connect internet in pc via phone,in a few moment net connection become frezze.its stop sending,recieveing date.after disconnect usb cable and replug its totally faild to connect net but other pc suit feture works well.its does not get connect untill i restart my device.and that problem occurce again. :smileysad: