Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My E90 review

Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

This is once again your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. It is like trying to define is.

Show the KUDOS button some love.... Hit that bad boy.... It don't hurt....

Apple iPhone 5,
Retina MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, Nikon D4

Please use plain text.
Professor

25-Sep-200701:43 PM
sapporobaby wrote:
This is once again your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. It is like trying to define is.

Well. On my opinion, my opinion is right opinion.

You want fact? Sure. In shop, scroll list of applications with cheapest S60 device and most expensive (E90) one. Open example calendar and see the difference. Just amazing :smileywink:

Then see GPS shelf. See what GPS can you get with 500 euros.
Please use plain text.
Professor

Hi all,

any idea where the FULL LIST of problems is ?????
I made a regular update of this list but can NOT retrieve it !

I had to add a new borring one.

Domdom
Please use plain text.
Sage

It is endless tread.
Dom Dom, why dont you just sell your E90 while demand is so high and buy something which fit you?
These repeated complains will take us no where.
Just between us you really think that 9300 was a better phone/communicator then the E90?
Please use plain text.
Professor

26-Sep-200712:56 PM
e90n95 wrote:

Just between us you really think that 9300 was a better phone/communicator then the E90?

Not for me, but of cource have to answer!

9500 is the best :smileywink: Then 9300i and then E90. Maybe i would put E70 also above E90.

So i can't say my demand is too high if E70 is good!

I use BT GPS and tomtom anyway. With E70 combination is great. Many many pixels in screen (+ quite big display). Just from E90, hard to find anything better :smileysad:

Communicators have long life cycle, so also copmlains are for loong long time. S60 is just not ment for communicator. At least for now.
Please use plain text.
Sage

1. I asked about 9300. U did not answer.
2. I have 9500. It is freezing every day and need rebooting and its far more slower.
3. As far as I remember when ever new communicator was out my first feeling was "O, the old model was better" and I am talking from 9100 till E90 each and every model. It is normal feeling. U will get use to E90 for good and bad. or u will get reed of it.
Please use plain text.
Professor

26-Sep-200701:17 PM
e90n95 wrote:
1. I asked about 9300. U did not answer.
2. I have 9500. It is freezing every day and need rebooting and its far more slower.
3. As far as I remember when ever new communicator was out my first feeling was "O, the old model was better" and I am talking from 9100 till E90 each and every model. It is normal feeling. U will get use to E90 for good and bad. or u will get reed of it.

I don't share your feelings. 9000-9500 'wov'. E90 wov at first, but what a heck after while.

This is first time from Nokia tons of features are dropped?

I don't care crash or two. And i did not have any regular crashing with 9500 :smileyhappy: All I care are features and usability. And fact, that communicator was best by features. Not now with E90. I changed E70 back after E90, and noticed i don't miss anything from E90.

1. I prefer E90 over 9300 because WLAN. And HW in E90 is lot lot better then 9300 or 9300i. But because 9300i has much more features and better usability, i rase that over E90 as well.

And i've written many times, HW in E90 is great. S60 as communicator just sucks after S80. Can't help it.
Please use plain text.
Sage

Turo,
I mean crash crash and crash.
It is not my perssonal problems, I saw too many returned of 9300 and 9500 cause of this freezing.
Any way, You have the 9500, stay with it.
Myself , I am happy with my E 90 and will not go back to the 9500.
But, lets carry on, answer from Nokia you will never get so lets agree on not to agree and stop all this repeatable treads : yes communicator / not communicator.
I am trying to find in this board problems and solutions to adopted no just complains.
Please use plain text.
Professor

26-Sep-200701:53 PM
e90n95 wrote:

No, like mentioned currentlly E70 again in hands.

I know one solution to make device more reliable is to drop all the features. But there is S40 for that already? Why make tens of similar devices.

Is E90 mic proplem cheaper to fix then crash crash in 9500? I doubt. + E90 full returns even Nokia don't know yet. Must be quite much, if delivery proplems?

If you look figures of 9500 & E90, I think there will not be a lot difference (amount of returned devices)?. Only 9500 users were not compaining about dropped features. Probably numbers were even better with 9500.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

26-Sep-200701:53 PM
e90n95 wrote:
Turo,
I mean crash crash and crash.
It is not my perssonal problems, I saw too many returned of 9300 and 9500 cause of this freezing.
Myself , I am happy with my E 90 and will not go back to the 9500.
But, lets carry on, answer from Nokia you will never get so lets agree on not to agree and stop all this repeatable treads : yes communicator / not communicator.
I am trying to find in this board problems and solutions to adopted no just complains.

Ah to dream the dream. I have asked myself this as well. If they are so unhappy, sell it. Right now on Ebay, they can get top dollar and we can all get a break. As the E90 is virtually impossible to get, those that are willing to sell theirs should be able to get most of their money back and then move on to a cheaper Windows based machine.

Who's gonna be first? Well, Amanda5 was first, but who will be second?

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Professor

26-Sep-200707:13 PM
sapporobaby wrote:
Who's gonna be first? Well, Amanda5 was first, but who will be second?

"teetom" was the first, if you remember one thread called "E90 is a dissapointment". He said he sold his E90 after 2 days.
2110i, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6670, 9300, 9300i, E90, E72, HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S II
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Great. Follow the leaders here. Like I said, "don't talk about it, be about it". Do something bold. Ebay tonight.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

im enjoyin readin all ur posts...sapbaby, vmoisa & domdom :smileyhappy: keep it up!!!
Please use plain text.
Professor

26-Sep-200711:07 PM
karotro wrote:
im enjoyin readin all ur posts...sapbaby, vmoisa & domdom :smileyhappy: keep it up!!!

:smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Sage

"Just Do It..."
If there are asking a good price I will take one or two myself...
But this was offtopic, SORRY for that.
Please use plain text.
Professor

26-Sep-200709:33 PM
sapporobaby wrote:
Great. Follow the leaders here. Like I said, "don't talk about it, be about it". Do something bold. Ebay tonight.

I just like to talk about it + I don't use E90 as primary now. + I don't ebay (sell or buy..)

E90 is nice, no doubt about that. Just don't need or miss anything from it. Two almost same UI in one device might be too much for me :smileywink: I can manage with one good one.
Please use plain text.
Professor

I would really like to know from the E90 users if having the same UI on the inner and outer screen is worth. I myself found no real advantage of it and I was coping just fine on 9300i with S40 on the outer screen and S80 on the inner screen. On 9300i both screens were working in the same time, not alternative like on E90.
2110i, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6670, 9300, 9300i, E90, E72, HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S II
Please use plain text.
Professor

28-Sep-200708:39 AM
vmoisa wrote:
I would really like to know from the E90 users if having the same UI on the inner and outer screen is worth. I myself found no real advantage of it and I was coping just fine on 9300i with S40 on the outer screen and S80 on the inner screen. On 9300i both screens were working in the same time, not alternative like on E90.

Idea behind that was great. You can do all from cover as well. But yes, minus, that you can't keep example doc in edit open on PDA, is quite big. With 9300i you could keep edited doc in PDA and make calls from cover. Doc did remain on edit. So minus to multitasking also with this :smileywink:

Yes, UI is not only similar, it is view for same. Only setting 'Cover to desk', which defines is 'idle' opened when lid is closed. At same, idle opened to PDA (edit doc open, close and open lid, idle active also in PDA. In other setting, edit doc remains open also in cover when lid closed).

To simplify. When you open lid, active application is always the same then was in cover. When you close the lid, depends from setting, is application kept open.
Please use plain text.
Sage

the advantages of having the same ui have already been discussed at length here and in other fora, but for having different Ui's like in the 9X00 series i think it could be said that one advantage of having 2 Diff UI's is that the S40 bieng a simpler UI is faster in processing SMS and making calls etc. I would compose multiple SMSs in the inner screen and when i would send them off. simply close the cover,then make a phone call and this would be done almost seemlesly. whereas in the E90 its not as seemless and takes longger to do diff tasks at the same time.
9110,9210,i,9500,9300,i,E90 I still miss my 9300i , E71, E72 But......
Please use plain text.
Professor

Another issue which I do not know if it was mentioned before: if a profile is selected other than General (like Meeting), the DATE is not shown anymore on the screen. Instead of date, the phone shows the name of the profile (e.g. Meeting). Like the screen is not big enough...
Please use plain text.