Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My N8 Belle is not starting

Advisor
Sharjeel

My N8 Belle is not starting

My N8 Belle is not starting.After turning it on the loading starts and again the cell is automatically switched off ,Please help me.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

Hi Sharjeel,

Sorry to hear about the issue, try the folowing and see if they help:

Press the power button until the phone vibrates 3 times. No data lost, it is equivalent to taking the battery out.

If you can, make a back up with Nokia Suite. Type in *#7780# = soft reset, no data lost. If it's still the same, type in *#7370# = hard reset, phone memory will be wiped. Restore back up.

Reinstall the software. The process is the same when updating, but at the end select "reinstall". 

If it still doesn't work, take it to the Nokia Care point.

Hope this helps you!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sharjeel

Hello Jampe,
The fault is that the cell is not turning on,how i can Back up the data or hard reset
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi,

If the phone does not stay on long enough to back up, and the boot does not work, then try to charge it for few hours. If it does not respond to anything, then take it to Nokia care point, as instructed in the earlier post. 

Hope you get the phone working again!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Sharjeel wrote:
The fault is that the cell is not turning on,how can I hard reset

Have a look here for details of three key depressed power on "hard reset" http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/12185_Another_three_finger_salute_do.php

Start with device off if necessary holding power button down for 8 seconds until 3 vibrations felt then carry out instructions given for procedure but release power button only after first vibration keeping other three keys depressed until Nokia "Shaking hands" logo appears.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sharjeel

I went to Nokia Care and they told that they will try to create Back Up but they did not confirmed me about the back up and My data is very important to me
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sharjeel

Hello,
Aspergerguy the problem is that the cell is not going till the NOKIA SHAKING HANDS,the cell stops working on the belle Loading
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
karthithillai11

[ Edited ]

I m using n8, sterdy I start to install belle version .... At the mean time there is power off so I remove the cable from my lap , when I switch on my mob It is not starting , it simply vibrate , there is no more  Action ,.... Whether this problem can be solved ...????? Do u have solution ............My humble request ...............

Moderator's notes: We have removed your phone number from this post as nokia does not recommend users to post sensitive information on a public discussions board.

Please use plain text.