Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My Nokia 701 Belle FP1 Feedbacks

Counsellor
better_belle

I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY FP1 UPDATE FOR MY NOKIA 700.

Caps Lock rage.
Can someone clarify this for me?
Is the update through the Nokia Suite (internet) or through the service provider?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
santathe1

True, but it doesn't have all the options that existed before FP1.
Such as 'Stretch, Full screen and Fit screen'.
Nokia 701
113.010.1506 - FP2
Missing many essential options from FP1 and original Belle.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Jampe wrote:
@ Loureiro,

I tried with 701 with FP1 and it gave me the option with both. Could be that there is some temporary server issue and due to that the option is not available. Please see if it comes available later.

At this time,the situation is the same.my product code:059H031.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Two good things that have been adjusted in FP1 Belle;

You can mute shutter sound when taking pictures. (settingsapplications settings-camera-)

The volume keys on the side of the phone now working with different bluetooth headsets. Have been waiting for this so long. Thank you Nokia for fixing this finally.

One mayor dissapointment however,

No week view in the calender anymore.

This is a must in a phone, this is not a 26 inch screen. Overview is essential in a phone. Yes there is month view, day view and agenda..no, week view is a must have at least in my opinion.

Pleast soer this out as the week view was indeed helpful in Belle before and  even on Anna for E6.

Dont let this be standard for long.

:smileyfrustrated:

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Kaki wrote

My sim card Is not getting detected after updating.. Any solutions to this problem ?

Could be problems with the security settings in your phone;
Try to delete old settings for asking pin code, phone code, lock code etc in settings, phone management and security something.
Restart the phone and shut it down. Take out the battery for 10 minutes or even hours.
Just thinking out of the box...
Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
better_belle

Can someone clarify this for me?
Is the update through the Nokia Suite (internet) or through the service provider
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

You may download it through your phone by tapping on software update in the phone.
It is so far over-the-air-update as far I know.
Dont know if you can update...I never buy phones through carriers.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Confirm, updated my wife's 701 last night OTA. Seems to be an improvement to me, extra widgets are nice along with the speed increase makes it lightning fast.

No problems encountered so far with hers.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

mechanimal82 wrote:
Confirm, updated my wife's 701 last night OTA. Seems to be an improvement to me, extra widgets are nice along with the speed increase makes it lightning fast.

No problems encountered so far with hers.

Hi mechanimal82,by chance,did you check if the update was available thru nokia suite?

Are you able to to do a re-install thru nokia suite if needed?

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Loureiro,

I updated 701 OTA and 603 via Nokia Software Updater, so the update should be available both ways. Would it be possible for you to try with another PC? Was the option available before the update? It could be that the software is just not currently available on the server for some reason.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Jampe wrote:

Loureiro,

I updated 701 OTA and 603 via Nokia Software Updater, so the update should be available both ways. Would it be possible for you to try with another PC? Was the option available before the update? It could be that the software is just not currently available on the server for some reason.

Jampe

Thank you for your interest.

I tried in my laptop and in my desktop,same results.

The option was available before the update to FP1 that  was made thru OTA.

Is there some way to know if the software is available on the servers for my product code(059H031)?

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

@ Loureiro

can't make any promises, but I see what I can do. I'll get back to you.
If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
santathe1

Pros:
Wifi connectivity is better, now it actually stays connected.
Faster response to touch.
Smaller music widget (yay!)

Cons:
The game that used to run perfectly, now gets stuck!?!? (Asphalt 6 - Adrenaline)
Many programs don't have the exit option. Have to keep pressing back or use the open applications.
Bluetooth problem in 701 still not fixed.

More as I see them.
My phone 701, SW 112.010.1404.
Nokia 701
113.010.1506 - FP2
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
santathe1

Someone mentioned that the camera has mute?

Scr000044 Shows all the options I get in the camera settings.

Another thing is that the volume meter seems to have the + & - misaligned from the middle.

Scr000042  shows this. Before the update, the placement was perfect.

Nokia 701
113.010.1506 - FP2
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

santa

Here is a screen shot of shutter off in 701 for the camera.

Scroll down with finger and you should have this option.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
santathe1

Ztuka,

Hmmm, I must be one of the unlucky ones, my settings do not show me the 'off' option. Under 'Capture Tone', my last option is 'Camera 4'
Unbelievable. I cannot scroll below 'Camera 4'
:-(
Nokia 701
113.010.1506 - FP2
Please use plain text.
Contributor
captainayush

Re: Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1

Got the same issues but the issues that irritate me the most are theslow speed and the aspect ratio.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
captainayush

didn't you use the phone at all after updating video aspect option is no longer available
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
santathe1

captainayush,

Looks like you're the one who hasn't used the phone (or watched any videos) since updating.
Double click on any non 720p video and you get a filled screen.
Using this option, you actually lose some of the video, on the sides etc.
Nokia 701
113.010.1506 - FP2
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PiElle

[ Edited ]

Very good and fast!   :smileyhappy:

But there are some issues as you already mentioned:

1. Profile selection from the on/off key - Gone.

2. Locking/Unlocking screen from the on/off key - Gone.

3. Many programs don't have the exit option (?)   :smileyindifferent:

4. No week view in the calender anymore.

I don't understand why Nokia has dropped these features?!   :smileysurprised:

Hope they will fix these these problems soon with an update release!!!

Please use plain text.