Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't ch...

Professor
kman00

Re: My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't charging

Maybe we should try to isolate the source, see who got their phone from where and whether its a contracted phone or sim free or is it directly from nokia store or website, I don't know, I think its worth a shot because what's a point of getting another one if its going out of the same bunch of faulty ones. I got mine from Nokia USA website and so far no problem. And its a Dark Gray one

It be great if you guy add a comment and let everyone know where you got yours from and if its working or dead.

Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Nokia N8 Dark Gray- RM-596
Please use plain text.
aklim82

got it from Malaysia and directly from Nokia Centre. It is ridiculous to say that my N8 has send it to NCC twice within 1 month and their feedback is around 3 weeks to repair it.

• 1st repair - change battery & update firmware
  • 2nd repair - need to change mother board (3 weeks to repair)

anyone has experience like mine?

Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

yeah that is not good. hope fixing the MO-BO fix your problem
Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Nokia N8 Dark Gray- RM-596
Please use plain text.
Advisor
OsamaIsmeal

Hi guys

Same problem here in UAE ,MY N8 was 10 days old, when it died.

Any Help

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Marv3L

Since N8s are dying all across the world, it seems that the problem is not due to a faulty component (Otherwise only a certain number of batches would have been be affected, not all the batches across the world). Is it a design fault?

The official video says the cause of the problem is "THE WAY we assembled the engines" what does it mean? Is the designing/layout of the circuit boards are wrong? (for example, if you put the ROM chips so close to the CPU/GPU, the heat from the CPU/GPU will fry the ROM after a certain period of time.)

If there is a fundamental flaw in the circuit design then I guess all the N8s across the world (Including those which are working fine till now) may get affected one day. I'll really appreciate if Nokia clearly announce what exactly the root cause of the problem is? Please Nokia, dont hide the facts in order to prevent bad publicity because you already had that :smileysad:

I know some guys will tell that such a big company cant make mistakes in designing, but I believe that everyone makes fundamental mistake including apple (antenna), Microsoft(Vista), Toyota (braking mechanism), Dell (laptop battery) etc to name a few.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
slimboyfat45

the n8 is gonna be my last NOKIA PHONE  EVER i gave it to the ncc care here in mumbai last friday nut now they sent it to tokia in delhi for "repairs" bt all im interested in is my money back....i feel really **bleep** having a 23grand phone that dies 20 days outta the box........ide tell all u administrators here to quit your jobs while u still can loads of lay offs in the future.......if i get my molah back ima gonna pick up htc apple or black berry..but never again NOKIA.......NEVER..any Indians here know any info on customer rights i say lets hit nokia hard and get rich offa them..........anyways post me back any of u guys who havent bought an n8 and are reading this i say go to another company and please pple sell ure nokian stocks...........

Please use plain text.
bingon8

I got N8 in Pakistan. My handset got DEAD after using for about 4-5 hours. Took to Nokia Care.

They fixed this after 3 days. Again after about 1 day of use, the phone is dead again.

This is real **bleep** phone by Nokia's 3rd class standard. I bought so so many Nokia Phones in past like Nokia N95,N96,N97,N80, N70, 5800, X6 and few more.

Nokia after this N8 incident i will hardly think to buy another Nokia phone ever. Neither will recommend anyone to buy N8.
REASON: Even you goto Nokia Care, they are real cheap people, they will never want to Replace your phone, and will only give you dates, and waste your time on so-called fixes.

Never trust Nokia again. A hurt customer.

Please use plain text.
hayok

[ Edited ]

i'm in indonesia my N8 got power defect too only in 3 days

but the NCC would not replace mine.

I guest I will never buy any nokia phone again. They told me to wait

30 days, so in 30 days I dont have a phone.

it was nokia fault to sold a defect unit but they dont want to admit it.

it would be good if they replace 1 on 1 unit, but they didnt.

I feel very frustated here.....

Please use plain text.

What did you do after that ??

Because mine also is from UAE (Jumbo) .

Is your unit the Grey or the Silver one ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gar_Field

i thought that my problems with my N8 is solely mine..but after reading through all of the comments..it i really hurting to know that it happens all over the world..bought mine on 5th november...dies off on 8th..sent it to NCC...change MOBO..and after 2 weeks, on 23rd...received it back just to die off again on the same day...sent it back, and after rectifying the the probs, get it back on the 24th..after tat, it will hang-off occasionally, but usually can be switch back on after a few hours...but after playing HD games..it wont on again...had to resend back to NCC and now waiting for the verdict....overall..i love the phone..a remarkable piece of gadgets if not to its faultiness in switching off forever...

Please use plain text.
idna8285

same problem here, i bought Nokia N8 from Malaysia, it working nicely in the past 3 weeks, but after i install anti viruses application, it got freeze n keep vibrating until i reset my phone, after that, when press power button, i only see welcome screen NOKIA n keep restarting again and again... any solution for that??

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mygis

Hello there,

From Malaysia,

I am facing the same problem after two days of use. The battery would not charge even left charging overnight.

Just how many peopl are facing this problem here and to get a replacement?

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AbuDhabi

I got new Nokia N8 today from carrefour abu dhabi-UAE. I couldnt even switch On the mobile. i kept it for more than 2 hours charge and is still on charge but i can't see even the charging light.....

I hope i will get money back or fresh replacement bcz i didnt even use it for a second, Just wasted time to buy it.

I was thinking to play with this mobile but unfortunatly it played back to me..........

hmmm it is still on charge 2hours 20 minutes goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee but still nothing is coming...

Please use plain text.
bicohuynhanhduy

I'd got my new n8 for 1 week then it death. I brought it to Nokia care. After 1 week, they turned it back. I got it yesterday. It worked normally except some little error about the images (there're no images at all but the icons keep appearing in the photo and cant be deleted). But this morning when I wake up and check it, it die 'again' :smileysad: what sound I do now :smileysad:(
Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

Thundermax, you'll be getting the wrath of the mods for suggesting freezer quick fixes. It can do more harm than good.
Your phone is obviously faulty; do the right thing and take it to a NCC.
It's already starting to fail and will fail soon.
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rahulvala77

I have also faced the same problem of PHONE DEAD ...

I am from India ...My name is rahul vala.......

I got N8 from Finland....Then i used the phone for 10 days,,,It was amazing and superb....

But after 10 days it starts to get switch off automatically......

At 12 day it became permanent switch off.......And not getting Turn ON ,,and NOT charging....

My N8(Phone) is dead NOW.......

What to do I don't know ??????????

Hit the green kudo button , If my post help you......
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

rahulvala77 wrote:

I have also faced the same problem of PHONE DEAD ...

I am from India ...My name is rahul vala.......

I got N8 from Finland....Then i used the phone for 10 days,,,It was amazing and superb....

But after 10 days it starts to get switch off automatically......

At 12 day it became permanent switch off.......And not getting Turn ON ,,and NOT charging....

My N8(Phone) is dead NOW.......

What to do I don't know ??????????

take it to a care point and get it fixed,

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
neo1431

my N8 died after 1 month of use... am devastated right now, its a wonderful phone,,, waiting for monday to send it to Nokia care :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anne_gustavo

I´m reporting the same fault also in the N8 i have purchased in Germany. Since will be prety dificult to replace this phone from brazil trough germany, please advise me whether there is any measure like changing SW version in order to overcome the problem

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

anne_gustavo wrote:

I´m reporting the same fault also in the N8 i have purchased in Germany. Since will be prety dificult to replace this phone from brazil trough germany, please advise me whether there is any measure like changing SW version in order to overcome the problem

It's not a software issue, rather it's due to an issue with the way the phone was assembled,
you will not be able to get a warenty repair within brazil for a handset sourced in germany, you need to either send it to germany to be fixed or pay to have it fixed in Brazil

Please use plain text.