Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't ch...

Chairman007

Re: My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't charging

Hello Am Chairman from Nigeria i think am having the same problem with my Nokia N8 too....It was sent from US and first it was on when my friend receive the phone in the states but wheni receive it here in Nigeria i try turring it on but it won't let me first i thought the battery was dead so i decieded to plug it on charge but i notice it wasn't charging so i left it for a coupple of hours but then i notice something was wrong some were...

So i don't think you just having this problem in your country hun...So what can i do to help this issue now ???

Thanks..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noipv4

[ Edited ]

Is it possible for you to send the phone back to your friend in the US along with the complete box and accessories. Usually retailers have a 30day - 60day replacement warranties.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
capcen6

Hi I am from Indonesia,I have my n8 sold already.But expect to buy another new one.But recently there are still no stock in indonesia,and I am waiting for the new version(new shipment) of n8 to indonesia as the old stock all have problem discussed here.

When will the new n8 available in my country? and if I buy a new one now,will it happening the same issue discussed here?

Can anybody from nokia confirm about this please?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MetallYZA

I got a Nokia N8 for Xmas. The only problem is, it doesn't switch on. I've tried everything, in vain.

It looks like the battery is dead (the charging indicator doesn't even light).

So I have a brand new phone that doesn't work at all... That sucks.

Please use plain text.
Professor

It's an evident case of DOA: you have to ask who made you the present where he bought it and ask for a new one.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Marv3L

I have postponed my plan to buy an N8. My original Plan was to buy before Christmas, but now I think i'll buy it on February so that I get a phone from the new shipment and which will have the January firmware update out of the box.

I havent bought another brand's phone yet. Not because I love Nokia N8 soooo much, but because of no other brands have the good camera + touch screen + HDMI combination at this moment within a affordable price. If by February Sony Ericsson xperia x12 is available with a price tag of below 550USD, probably I'll choose that instead of N8.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

I have good news I guess. After waiting 4 months for the Nokia N8 to sort itself out.. with no apparent improvement.. I went out and bought an IPhone4 today. I have only 2 things to say.. sorry Nokia did not get my business even after I had so much of patience, and secondly, I am really happy with my new phone. Thanks Nokia for helping me decide :-)

Please use plain text.
_Len

I got my post deleted because as i was told in pm I disrepected nokia...

but seeing 19 pages of people complaning about nokia and other issues related to cellphone I wonder if it isn't nokia who is not respecting us...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cnie

I think there should be a poll of how many of these phones are made in China?

I'm still waiting for my replacement phone since they can't "fix" my brand new N8 which I only had for less than 2 weeks before it started to shut itself off, refused to turn on, the list goes on..........

I had the blue phone, they called and offered me a grey phone, why would I want a grey phone when I bought a blue one to start with?

When I asked when I might expect my new phone, the answer was "we don't know"

What do you know?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

mine that showed the issue was made in finland

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Wim55

Re: HELP My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't charge it HELP

It did not work for long!! Finally could get it on once more to delete most of my private info, turned it off. For test tried to turn it on once more, but no way. Received answer from Nokia Care after 8 days, 25.12 (Merry Christmas!?) to send it to Nokia Care Centre, but already returned it seller for refund. After spending USD 120 for return, hopefully get some money back. Definitively very disappointed and looks like I am not the only one. Could there be a more personal approach from Nokia on this matter??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
suryanarjun

mine too is dead.. just used my new N8 for 25 days of puchase and gone dead wen installed a software.and after a long 35days waiting i got my N8 replaced with new one.. dont know wat hapend.. i thing the mobils o for sale s software is fully written..

hoope nokia will update the software and all n8users gets a good result

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noipv4

Same happened to me. Here's the unboxing experience video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_QPiQdLiNY
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noipv4

I am really sad to say that my replacement N8 cell phone died within a week. It started with some random crashes and reboots which increased in frequency, finally culminating into a totally dead handset.

This is the second N8 handset that died on me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dgtal

I recently bought one in Bombay India. I faced the same problem. The brand new N8 instrument went just dead. I took it to the Nokia Care center but they failed to revive it. Horrible thing was that they informed me that they will take 10 to 15 days to get the thing repaired. Very very disappointing. Further, the care center had no explanation for the cause. I feel cheated by Nokia by giving such sub-standard quality instrument.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yep, my N8 kept crashing and switching itself off. After several hours it would switch itself back on again, but today it just totally died.

What an absolute disaster of a phone!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Marv3L

I spoke with Nokia priority store manager in Hiland Park, Kolkata (India) today and asked him about the power issue. he confidently said "No, we have never heard about this issue before! No customer has ever reported a faulty N8, I am using a N8 myself"

How can he say that they are not aware about the issue when Nokia has officially acknowledged the issue in front of the whole world? Isn't this cheating customers?

Please use plain text.
hillsong1994

after some research in the internet, i found a article about the problem, it said :-

the restarting n rebooting of the phone is due to overheating of the processor, it automatically turn off to prevent permanent damage (the processor of n8 get overheated much more easier than other model due to unknown reason). And because nokia n8's motherboard dun hav the compound tat cover the perimeter of the board for better vibration resistance and connection of layers (to reduse cost), the motherboard starts to distort after overheated several times, until it was enough to lose one contact on the bus leading to the flash memory, then the phone is officially dead......

link : http://wordpress.paip.com.ar/defective-flagships-the-nokia-n8-and-nokia-c7-dying-around-the-globe/

and ppl live in country close to equator (like malaysia n thailand) or having summer now will found that their n8 restart more offen then other country cuz hot weather speed up the overheating, then ur phone dead faster than others (tats y put ur phone inside the fridge work becuz it lower ur phone's temperature)

hope nokia fixes the problem

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jaredmorgs

jajabinx35 wrote:

So according to this thread.....My N8 will be dead in a weeks time (as n8's die after two weeks).

Mine lasted about two months.  I would start running daily backups.

Nokia N8
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jaredmorgs

I'm not going to say anything different about the 19 pages of feedback about this thread.  My phone has died after 2 months.  I've never had a Nokia phone die.  Never.  I guess there's a first time for everything.  :smileysad:

Looks like the new S^3 architecture has a few teething problems that we, as customers, are ironing out for Nokia.  

Unfortunately, it seems that us early adopters generally have to just put up with this type of thing. It seems that across many industries, those people who snap up new technology often have to put up with issues of build quality or software quality.  

I've blogged about this issue here, and offered some suggestions about what you can do if your device is still working. 

http://jaredleonmorgan.blogspot.com/2010/12/nokia-n8-two-month-wonder.html

It is better to take precautions rather than wait until the device fails and then find you don't have your personal data backed-up.  Treat your phone like your PC.  Back up regularly.

Nokia N8
Please use plain text.