Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't chargi...

Professor
greycounciller

Re: And the story continues!!!

My sentiments exactly.

I felt that had I got a refund, I'd be an Android user right now!!

My next upgrade will unlikely be a Nokia unless they can bring some trust back to customers.

I will say though that a working N8 is a joy to use and I don't feel tied to what "Mr Job" says I can or can't do.

All the best with getting your phone done..

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
sergei_srb

So, can anybody tell do Nokia guys reading this discussion or not?

I've became a "lucky" holder of a brick, what was N-8 several hours ago...

As I understood, the problem is about of 5-8% of sold N-8, and not official report or statement from Nokia. Really "nice" for Flagman phone.

Hope I could get money back... And no more Nokia... Shame! 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
zipper22

Hi sergei_srb,

This is to inform you that the relevant people in Nokia know what is being discussed here. Naturally, there are very many Nokia employees who follow this forum daily. However, they participate voluntarily and they are not obligated to respond to any posts or to look into any specific issues that are discussed here. As a moderator, we do take into account that the feedback gained from the boards does get passed to the relevant departments. It is not true that the users requests are simply ignored.

If you would like to hear answers from Nokia, you can use the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page and then, select your country in the section "Call or Email Nokia Care".

Best Regards,

zipper22

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pameila

Re: My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't charging

changing the charger and the 8 sec op worked for me...although had to try the 8 secthing almost 10 times!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Oh ...

So this thread is - to us - is mostly like a " boxing sack ' that we keep punching our heads into ...

and you just keep paying us " friendly visits " and " feel sorry for us .

could you kindly send my " greetings " to your ( Nokia caring / concerning colleagues ) ??

; )

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sachprab

Hardware problems still exist in the NEWER BATCH OF N8s from NOKIAUSA

When a company owns up to their mistakes, and promises to fix the problems they regain some of the lost faith from their loyal consumers. I consider myself a long time Nokia user, having used Nokias all my life. I never really bought into the android or the iOS trend because I was familiar with symbian, and it met my needs. So when my first N8 died, and Nokia released the statement regarding faulty hardware, as upset as I was even though I got a full refund from buy.com, I was willing to forgive and give Nokia a second chance.

NokiaUSA posted a Christmas sale on the N8 on December 17, for $399... This is the lowest price I've ever seen from them, and I WENT AGAINST MY INTUITION, and spoke to a customer service representative. I explained to him that I had previously bought an N8 and it turned up DOA, and asked him if "the new so called fixed N8s" have arrived. After he promised that the N8 that they send will be from a brand new shipment, I gave him my credit card number and ordered my second N8 (i know... very stupid move from my side)

Long story short, this one lasted for 6 hrs, died in the middle of browsing the Ovistore. Wont turn on, STONE COLD DEAD...  Sending it back.... AGAIN.. Thanks Nokia

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noipv4

Re: Hardware problems still exist in the NEWER BATCH OF N8s from NOKIAUSA

[ Edited ]

Take a look at this video I put on youtube sharing my experience with N8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_QPiQdLiNY

Can you share with us if the  manufacturing date, in case it is  printed on your N8 box? (Top right corner on the UPC barcode label something like 45 / 2010) ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
sergei_srb

Hi zipper22,

I really do appreciate your answer, and I really do hope Nokia team trying to solve the problem with mass death of N8.

But, in my understanding of service, they should loudly inform customers about this problem and at least organize exchanging of dead N8 worldwide.

Technical characteristics of N8 (phone, organizer, navigation, photo-video) are exactly that I wish, perfect design, in my point of view, but could anybody tell how to solve the problem with N8 turning off?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sachprab

Thanks for letting me know where the manufacturing date is located on the box... I was promised that this from the new shipment... my box says 44/2010.. that makes it around the first week of November... Mine is a dark gray model.. I saw your video, sad to see it wont turn on. What was the manufacturing date of your phone?

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

Just thought I'd highlight a sticky from themain thread page about "Literally Freezing".

Not a wise idea to suggest "freezing" as a fix temporary.

Could introduce condensation into your phone and that would definetly void your warranty.

Basically, If your phone is showing signs of a fault, head to your nearset NCC and talk over and highlight to them your issues.

Also, ask if they are just going to reflash the firmware, can they do it while you wait.

I did and the phone failed again within the hour and I handed it back in for an exchange.

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
Please use plain text.
Advisor

And the story continues

[ Edited ]

Bottom line :

NCC staff : please check if there's a part of the phone that get affected by temperature increase and cause the mobile to freeze / stop responding ...

And this time please ,, pretty please inform us with the updates .

Thank you for your ( concern ) & we apologies for us ( urging ) you to solve our mystery

Oh ...

And please keep us informed / more information , less ( friendly ) visits

Please use plain text.
jalvarez

Re: And the story continues

it is a shame Nokia missed this defect before offering N8 to the public, it will surely affect their reputation, more so when they keep quiet and will not even offer buyers of defective units the option to get a refund or a replacement.

I have been a Nokia user since mid 90's often buying Nokia phone once a year and I am very disappointed with the way Nokia is handling this situation.

I bought an N8 in Saudi Arabia  as a gift for my sister in the Philippines and now it is bricked. Will Nokia Philippines be able to do something about it, considering i bought the unit else where? Well, you're guess is good as mine.

This will be the last Nokia unit i will ever buy and i will inform my friends how a world class company like Nokia treat their customers with outmost contempt.

good-bye Nokia

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi all N8 owners or people who are going to buy this phone. Let me share with you with some of my thoughts about NOKIA company and N8. 

I'm wondering why Nokia postponed launch of N8 on august or September? Maybe they already knew about this issue... They made some calculations and decided to start shipping anyway. It was October and Nokia desperately needed some triumphs, especially with smartphones. So business is business and they started to ship phones they exactly knew that they will fail in near future. And that is the worst they could do to their customers (mostly the long time customers). So in conclusion I think Nokia had a lot of time to remove/repair faulty N8's before the launch, but they are greedy and don't respect customers...

I've noticed that many of faulty N8's were bought directly from Nokia stores or online store, unlocked versions without agreement with operator. And maybe this is the way Nokia went with faulty N8s.  So they sent fault-free models to operators (big clients that are worth to have good relationships). And a normal 'small' customers received the faulty one N8s... :smileyhappy:

So everyone who will be writing about his faulty N8, please tell us if you bought it unlocked sim-free or with agreement 'locked' from some operator.

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

[ Edited ]

Fair statement on what you say,SebKoch, but I got my N8 from a  major "Telco" here in the UK and it failed soon after.

The replacement I got was from Nokia and has been rock solid until now.

I think its a case of random failure as it's a situation springing up the world over.

As for the late launch of the product, I kind a agree with you here on that.

It was actually outed in april/may with a August release. I knew from then on something fishy was awry. But there goes blind faith.

Should the new unit I have now fail, I'll look to be after a refund this time.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

The N8 was never meant to be released on April. Usually Nokia presents their devices about 6 months before they are on sale. The same thing happened with the N8, plus the fact that the new version of Symbian (former S^3) was not ready before August.

The N8 was never meant to be released on April. Usually Nokia presents their devices about 6 months before they are on sale. The same thing happened with the N8, plus the fact that the new version of Symbian (former S^3) was not ready before August.

There is absolutely no possibility that they knew about that hardware issue and proceeded to production ignoring it. I believe them when they say that they discovered it in November. However, what they should have done right away after they found it is to recall every device that was manufactured before the fix and send to the stores only the newly manufactured ones. It's unacceptable to find faulty devices in the stores even one month after the "fix".

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noipv4

I got a phone manufactured in 39 / 2010. This was the one which was DOA. Then I returned it and received another one manufactured in 45  / 2010.

This new one also crashed on me once.

But with great difficulty I was able to reset it and it's been working. Fingers crossed.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rahulvala77

This is my third post in the same thread... 216,293 and this one...

After 20 days my phone started to charge, but after the usage of just one day, it starts to turn off daily....

And not starting, what to do ?

Does Nokia Find any solution regarding the matter ?

Hit the green kudo button , If my post help you......
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noipv4

[ Edited ]

My second phone also died just a few moments back.

As mentioned earlier it's a silver model Made in China for the US market (manuf. week = 45 / 2010).

IMHO Nokia is giving its customers a real hard time, and this may just reduce the number of loyal customers and scare away potential new customers. The handling of this serious issue by Nokia is just so illogical, that words can hardly describe it.

Hopefully Mr. Elop  and other top decision makers are actively doing something about this issue with N8s and maybe offer us with some form of compensation for the trouble undertaken by us.

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

Hi Bazilg. As I stated previously, the N8 was "outed" or announced way back in April (http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n8-3252.php). I know they have release Quarters and the N8 was due between the 2nd or 3rd if memory serves me correctly which would by September. As Nokia churn out phones left right and center these days, I noticed the N8 seemed to be the only one that no firm date was made due to getting the phone " right". What that entailed we don't know, but judging by the problems the phone now has, many would conclude they knew this phone had a few "glitches" and these are what are surfacing. And since the disaster that was the N97, Nokia wanted to get it right. The only real failure I see they made is not making a specific statement acknowledging either WHAT the problem was and some sort of contingency plan to let those who've defective units to either exchange or refund a handset that can't be economically repaired. After the N97, Nokia seriously needed to instil some confidence to there loyal and new customer base and as it's stands PR wise, there silence has been dumbfounding. I'd like to see the N8 be a success but only Nokia and what it's customers say about it can assure that.
Please use plain text.
sergei_srb

[ Edited ]

"Hopefully Mr. Elop  and other top decision makers are actively doing something about this issue with N8s and maybe offer us with some form of compensation for the trouble undertaken by us."

They had to do it before, or at least made official statement...

Please use plain text.