Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't chargi...

Contributor
SysDsnEng

Re: My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't charging

Hi All,

I have my new Nokia N8 now for a week, and I tried everything to let it die. The official Repair Center did replace the Motherboard, as this is a known issue with one or more Nokia production batches.

You need a long breath and don't give up. Up to now my Nokia N8 with the new motherboard works the way I really like it. No shutdown so far, no re-start so far. All the people who are claiming this known or similar problem, please insist in getting a NEW motherboard.

All the best. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Spotter

I did tell the Care Center about my problem - and changing the motherboard, the 1st time, I went back to them with my 'broken' N8...

I'm still waiting to hear about it - it's back again at Nokia, now it's the 4th time.

I bought my new phone at  Nov 18th, 2010 -- since then, I've only had it at home for 20 days, while NCC / Nokia have had it the rest of the time....so they have had it for 3 month now. Not the right way to make ppl happy.

Just looking forward to finally to get the chance to see a phone again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
N8user888

I am always proud to be a Nokia owner, I had N95 for 2 years. Got N8 last month, it died on me today! Very disappointed! I will see what the dealer will do for me Saturday!

NOKIA - You are losing lots of loyal customers! You guys need to do a recall on this phone or free replacement of better model!!! NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
p2l00

[ Edited ]

This is going to sound pretty funny. I had this same problem and I sent the phone for repair. I received back like 7 days after and when I wanted to turn it on, it didn't!! I tried everything and I couldn't turn it on! This is a joke right? I bought a phone, I never use it I sent it for repair and I received the same exact phone with the same exact problem!

Moderator's Note:  We would like to inform you that we have edited your post. If you want to provide any feedback directly to Nokia, we suggest that you use the 'Contact us' link at the top of the page or contact your local Nokia Care line.

too much goin' on to throw sand in some idiot's sandbox.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
faizdzrin11

my nokia n8 went dead today and i`m having it for just a few weeks not yet for a month!!!!!! i bought it in malaysia .by the way, the main problem is i`m not currently in malaysia till the end of the year i`m in egypt! so what should i do now? is there any nokia center here?
if there are,can i send my phone repair here?

is it still ade warranty???

ASAP....

Please use plain text.
Professor

Today I read from a Nokia User Italian Forum of a N8 death. It war purchased 13 October 2010, worked fine for 5 months and today suddenly died. So, the conclusion is that there is no N8 of the first lot that is out of danger. Every morning you  power your N8 on and it works, you have to say tank to your lucky star.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Denia_Eshan

hi..my N8 dead too..i just used it for 1 month..i sent it to the shop where i bought it...they say have to sent it back to Nokia Care (MALAYSIA)..so now i m still waiting for my phone..do hope Nokia Care Malaysia will help with this matter..i really hope to get back my phone as soon as possible...really sad and disappointed now..n miss my phone so much....

Please use plain text.
hotrod68

there may be hope... my story so far...

early december 2010 bought myself a N8 for christmas, switched it on to make sure it was working, then saved it for christmas (didn't want to use it until I got a case/screen protector/etc

dec 25th.. hoorah, I got a N8 for christmas!

dec 28th... returned to local nokia care centre ( in a 'carphone warehouse' shop, and has on site nokia technician) as black screen, won't switch on, wont charge

dec 31st... returned, but didn't say what they did. (later worked out it was the 4 button reset as it still had my data on it)

feb14th... returned to NCC, again with no powerup/not charging

feb 16th returned, no data, no explaination of problem,so presumed 4 button reset and reflash

feb 28th.. returned to NCC, again with no powerup/not charging. I tried 4 button restart, this didn't work!

march 1st.. NCC obviously tried that as well, didn't work, so was sent back to manufacturer.

march 14th.. NCC says my phone ready to collect, but interestingly online tracking notification states 'repair wasn't covered by manufacturers warranty but we repaired it anyway'...

I say 'interestingly' as the phone I got back from NCC was brand new! different imei, unscratched case (bonus!), nokia protective stickers on the screen, camera lense and imei labels.

So there may be hope after all! fingers crossed it's a good one! keep plugging away at nokia care

Please use plain text.
hotrod68

should mention it was a shops ex-demo, so probably one of the first batch!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Infms

My N8 turned itself off (there were still about 2 bars left) and now won't turn on or charge. When plugged in to the charger all that happens is the charge indicator light on the side flashes. (This has since stopped happening as I think the battery is now completely flat.) Are these symptoms the power problem which everybody else here has been experiencing?

Please use plain text.
Professor

Charging light flashing is normal when plugging the charger. Usually after 4/5 flashes the light should stay lit , but when the battery  is totally drained it may take 10/15 flashes (at least to my N8) No flashing at all isn't good sign, instead

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Infms

Puasho, thanks for the reply! At first when plugged into the charger the light would flash about 50 times then stop. The N8 wouldn't turn on though. Now there's nothing, no flashing light or turning on! Is the power problem a hardware or software related issue? The phone is brand-new, only charged 2 times before this issue started.

Please use plain text.
xzelda1

My Nokia N8 is neither on nor off

I recently purchased a nokia n8, the next day of my purchase,when i was listening to music,it got frozen so i switch it off and on. i did it like 3 times in a day. the 2nd day of my purchase when using the internet  the same problem  happened again and i tried to switch it off an on again but its refused to switch off. so now its neither on nor off. am really sad cuz i just bought it 2 days ago and i can't even enjoy it. its sucks! i wish i could know what problem my phone is having.

Please use plain text.
wabiko

my n8 is certified dead today after an entire 5 months service. i bought it in hk 21/Oct last year.

my headset should be one of the defected batch which firstly released to the worldwide.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DELPRA

My N8 died for the second time...and back to the ORANGE SPAIN repair service...last time they repaired it for 1 month...

Toyota called back cars with braking problems...and they got it fixed...couldnt Nokia do the same,it is only a phnoe and much cheaper than a car...

Meanwhile i am back to my N73 which works perfectly..

LG arena did not show any problem either...

One question about new mother board, some has mentioned it might be the solution to the problem...How do you know if it has been changed??

NOKIA do we have to move out ???  the hardware doesnt work, symbian app are the last one to appear on the market...probably yes

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DELPRA

How do you know that you have become a new motherboard?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Youe IMEI number changes

a product code of 059B288 is also indicative

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

DELPRA wrote:

My N8 died for the second time...and back to the ORANGE SPAIN repair service...last time they repaired it for 1 month...

Why didn't you take it to a Nokia care Point instead of Orange Repair Service ? All Nokia handsets sold in EU come with 24-month warranty and all NCPs are obliged to accept them for service regardless of where you bought it from.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kenyaone

I am so fed up. My Nokia N8 just died out of the blue. hung then i turned it off. Wont turn on. Little buzz when try turning on. thats it. 3 months old. I bought it in Kenya. Im so angry. How does one spend so much money on something that cant work for even a mere 3 months???

This is the third time that a nokia N series has died on me. I am fed up. Can anyone suggest an alternative. I wont even bother with customer care centre. Its a waste of time cause once they start doing that its the end.

I want try another manufacturer and thats after staying with nokia for last 5 years. Its too much inconvenience. 10 days without a phone for some fault that began who knows where. Nokia it is simply NOT acceptable to have such a high failure rate for any series of phone.

lucas

rjayw wrote:

I came to this topic because i have similar problems. Has anyone realsied that one has to go through 28; yes 28 pages of complaints to get to the end. Now that is a lot.

Nokia -it is time to wake up, wake up!

I bought mine late last year, it arrive DOA, sent it back, took a month turn around, worked a month and it froze. Sent it back, just received it from the repair centre, after one week. it froze, dead again.

have emailed Nokia since Wed 2nd March and no reply; no acknowlegemnt.

Nokia - it is time to throw in the towel and say we can't fix this problem.

Richard J Williams

Please use plain text.
mike125

@kenyaone 10 days without your phone - you are lucky my friend. I sent my phone to Nokia repair about a month ago via Rogers (my provider) and still don't have it. I'm beginning to worry about both Rogers' or Nokia's incompetence.
This is the first time my phone has failed on me - I'm sure I will get it back and it will fail again in the time frame of 3 months - what am I suppose to do? Send it again and wait another month?
This is unacceptable service. I'm paying for a plan that I'm not even using since I don't have the **bleep**ing phone to use it with.
I haven't heard **bleep** all from Nokia about this problem as if they are trying to hide it.
Please use plain text.