Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: My Ovi Store Icon has disappeared from the Mai...

mmwsfz

My Ovi Store Icon has disappeared from the Main Menu!!!

I was trying to download the Beta Version of Ovi Store for S40 on the Betalab website of Nokia Hong Kong. After finishing the download, it install itself. But, the Beta version did not cover the old one. Instead, it created another Ovi Store icon that can be removed in my Collection folder. Also, the original Ovi Store icon has disappear from my main menu. Must I reinstall the OS?

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: My Ovi Store Icon has disappeared from the Main Menu!!!

Hi mmwsfz,

Welcome to the Nokia forum and thank you for your post. 

Please reinstall the phone's software with Nokia Suite. This will reinstall the Nokia Store application. Click on the green arrow in Nokia Suite where the option will be displayed in blue. 

Please get back to me if you manage to resolve your issue, otherwise I can provide further support.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
mmwsfz

[ Edited ]

Will this issue happen to me again if I install the beta version again after the reinstall of OS? And can it be solved by returning to factory default in my phone settings? Thanks!

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

[ Edited ]

Hi mmwsfz,

Please be aware that a beta version is still in its testing phase so things like these can occur. I don't know whether it will happen again as I'm not sure if this was caused by a bug in your phone, because the application wasn't installed correctly or simply because you've downloaded a Beta version that doesn't work to its full potential yet.

To make sure reinstallation of the software will work the way it should, please hard reset the device before reinstalling. Enter *#7370# and default code 12345 into your phone. Don't forget to make a back up first via Tools > Back up in Nokia Suite. Don't backup the phone's settings as this will backup any potential bug in the phone.

You can restore the back up after the reset via Tools > Restore.

Please let me know whether the application works afer the hard reset and update so that I assist further in case this would be necessary.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.