Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My nokia c5-00 is Unable to Unlock phone, please h...

Contributor
tiger_dragon

My nokia c5-00 is Unable to Unlock phone, please help me for that..

settings>settings>general settings>security>phone & sim card>phone autolock period> " there i couldn't able turn it to none the settings" please help, when i click that it show "unable to unlock phone" please help me for that..
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: My nokia c5-00 is Unable to Unlock phone, please help me for that..

Hi tiger_dragon,

I'm not sure what way to 'unlock' the device you are looking for.

If you want to unlock the device from your operator so that you can use the phone with a SIM card from another operator, you will have to contact your operator and ask for an unlock code.

If the phone itself asks for a security code when you're trying to change your security settings, this code is 12345 by default. If 12345 code isn't accepted it will have been changed. Please visit a Care centre in that case where the security code can be reset for you.

Please make a back up with Nokia Suite before you visit a Care centre to make sure you won't loose any data. You can create a back up via Tools > Back up.  

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tiger_dragon

no thats not the problem, i know security code. But in phone and sim card settings, there is phone autolock period, we can keep that for 1minute or for 20minutes. But i don't want to keep user defined, i want to make that none. But that was i couldn't able to do i don't know Why, when i click that it shows warning message as "unable to unlock phone" i couldn't able to turn of that auto lock security.. I need help for that, i don't know what to do..
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi tiger_dragon,

Thanks for your reply.

Please visit a local Care centre where our people can have a look at what's stopping you from changing these settings. It might be that your operator has SIM locked your device and has made some changes in the software which stops you from changing certain settings in your device.

That's not something I can know for sure from here though, so definitely get it checked at a Care centre and then they will be able to assist you further to resolve this for you.   

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tiger_dragon

oh sir.. I am browsing through that mobile only, its working but the problem is different.. Ok sir, which mobile are you using? Please take nokia c5 5mp..
Go to menu>settings>settings>general>security>phone and SIM card>phone autolock period.. There i couldn't able change the option to none it shows the warning message as "unable to unlock phone" but go user defined, i could able to change timings from 1minute to 20minutes, but couldn't 0 or couldn't able to change it to none settings.. I want help for that.. My operator(SIM) works perfectly, i am not having any problem with that, but only this unable to unlock phone is the problem.. Sir you also try that by taking c5 mobile and experience it and give a solution to me.. Please help me like that..
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tiger_dragon

oops sorry that go to menu > settings > settings > general > phone and SIM card > phone autolock period..
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi tiger_dragon,

I understand what setting you would like to edit. You're unable to do this because the phone is SIM locked by your operator and so you are unable to change your 'user defined' to 0 minutes.

Please visit a Care centre where they will be able to explain how to resolve this, or simply contact your operator for an unlock code. After doing this you will be able to change your Phone and SIM card settings. 

Iris9290

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tiger_dragon

but i could able to change all the codes still, there is no problem with codes or SIM.. only i couldn't able to change that setting to none..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
absolutarin

Iris9290-- Why dont you simply understand plain simple Engish.

The person is saying that he doesnt have any problems with the SIM.

For the record, I do face the same problem.

It happened to me when I created my Exchange mailbox. While setting it up it asked me to force a lock code on my phone. Thus the "Phone Lock" was activated.

I have deleted my Exchange mailbox but the problem is that the  "Phone Lock" is still activated and my phone gets locked out every 15 minutes. I just cannot change it to "None". And Yes, I know the LOCK CODE for it.

But that is just cumbersome. I dont want to type in the code everytime I take the phone to read/send messages or anything for that matter.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tiger_dragon

Thank you friend, but i am still having that problem don't know what to do with that to get rid of that problem but this nokia support discussion or e-mail nokia care were not giving me any kind of solution to my problem only they says to go for nokia care center.. I still not yet gone there, and even couldn't able to go.. I am just simply being with that problem.. I am waiting for solution but no one is giving.. If you find out about that please inform me also, and if i find any solution i will inform you to..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

absolutarin wrote:

Iris9290-- Why dont you simply understand plain simple Engish.

The person is saying that he doesnt have any problems with the SIM.

For the record, I do face the same problem.

It happened to me when I created my Exchange mailbox. While setting it up it asked me to force a lock code on my phone. Thus the "Phone Lock" was activated.

I have deleted my Exchange mailbox but the problem is that the  "Phone Lock" is still activated and my phone gets locked out every 15 minutes. I just cannot change it to "None". And Yes, I know the LOCK CODE for it.

But that is just cumbersome. I dont want to type in the code everytime I take the phone to read/send messages or anything for that matter.

Back-up all your data (avoid 'Settings' ) and Soft Reset the phone by dialing *#7370# followed by the Security Code when prompted.. After the Reset restore data. You may need to re-install some of the Applications too. Now, you should be able to get rid of the problem ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tiger_dragon

i have done restore settings also but its no use. That problem is still having..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Harsha_Raj

This might be a very old thread and the device might not be used by many, but for just the sale of solution here is what should be done:

Go to menus - applications - office - Encryption and turn it off for both phone and memory card.

Now you can choose the phone autolock period to "none"
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
C5Chennai

Wow.. Soft reset resolved the unable to unlock problem and set to none.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
C5Chennai

THIS WORKS PROBLEM RESOLVED..
Back-up all your data (avoid 'Settings' ) and Soft Reset the phone by dialing *#7370# followed by the Security Code when prompted.. After the Reset restore data. You may need to re-install some of the Applications too. Now, you should be able to get rid of the problem ...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

sir  my nokia c5phone Iam forget my paswad  sia I am how can open my phone plese help me sir

Please use plain text.
playfulangel14

Hi 05969578,

Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! :Cool:

Just a clarification, what do you mean with "forget my paswad"? Is it a password for an account? Or is it a security code that you are asking? Kindly please elaborate your concern for us to further assist you with this one.

Final Banner
Please use plain text.