Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My review of nokia x7 :)

Mobile Visionary
donofworld

My review of nokia x7 :)

So on 11/08/11 i recieved brand new nokia x7+ limited edition 200$ worth tf3 oakely 3d glasses as i finished 1st in nokia tf3 trivia contest which ended last month.

As a nokia c7 user i find nokia x7 bit heavy on hands on and also find its display about 30% bright and clear than nokia c7's display at same brightness level.

Nokia x7 fits very well in hand compared to nokia c7 mainly because c7 feels little sleepry due to ploished sideways. Speaker output is obviously higher than c7 due to 2 speakers and being x series device but gotta say very much impressed with earphones of x7 as c7's earphones is very ordinary.

Nokia x7 doesn't have front cam and fm transmitter which c7 have along with nfc :smileysad:

One thing i did notice with x7 is absense of light sensor which actually is good as x7 screen looks stunning in any time of the day!

Symbian Anna is not new for me as i have already used that in c7 via astound firmware :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

MY X7 review

PROS
looks nice,feels,nice,nice desgin.slightly quicker moving through menus,has good sound,more options built in device than the N8 for example.nice big screen and clear.

CONS
symbian anna a total letdown
browser not much faster,lags on internet alot,anna is mainly a cosmetic upgrade,battery life is simply ridiculous in fact worse than S3 DEVICES out there now,
Email is an complete joke it works when it wants,sometimes mail is 2 hours late it can take up to 5 mins to sync to check for mail,its so so slow opening mails,despite having email on all day i have to keep checking it all the time,ovi store issues still persist,touching the screen sometimes there is no response at all.
overall its a massive letdown on what was expected,ANNA is nothing special at all so nokia need to release something special cause anna aint it.

From having nearly every device that nokia has release ive kept giving them chances only to be let down time and time again,for those who await the lottery updates this has got to stop to give some sort of satisfaction to their customers ,which i have been since day 1.

This is my last nokia device and i was going to wait for the N9 but look whats happening with that another lottery game by nokia, its totally out of this world the way nokia has dropped rank in the mobile market and there is nobody to blame but themselves.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

I think Anna is all about cosmetic change plus some special tweaks to problem faced by certain phones
for example i faced over heating issue with my c7 on pr 1.2 but over heating issue was totally solved by astound half-backed anna firmware and also on various popular forums like dailymobile i heard that anna astound and anna Chinese firmware cures purple tint problem of nokia c7 and nokia n8
Also i find overall a noticeable speed improvement
but as far as new browser i am 100% with you....new browser looks like a poor buggy alpha release only thing good about it is multi tab but that also limited to max 3 tabs!
but for me opera mobile has been my default web browser since 2010
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

have you set opera as default browser on your X7
we should not have to revert to other apps to make phones work thats just pure laziness of nokia

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Actually nokia made big mistake by porting s60v5 browser to symbian^3 with few ui tweaks
Anna browser looks very lame against iphone4's browser and against android its just not comparable at all
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

SGS 2 has great browser and speed

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

SGS 2 is very tempting but i will wait to know if n9 launch in my country....if no then also i would think because of some -ve aspects of it like phone gets over heated after certain operations,yellow tint problem and some units have random restart problem just like c7 etc
I heard that n900 got lots of support from community after nokia had stopped support for it and recently i have seen some cool apps for n9 being released by developers mainly from n900 community
btw My x7 seem to be a perfect unit as it doesn't have touch screen problem no restarts so far and battery life is atleast better than my c7's
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

SGS2 has overheating and yellow tint issues. Plus if you're not a fan of cellphone gaming, a Galaxy S Plus would seem a better bang for buck.

Personally I would have liked an Xperia Arc myself.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Xperia arc has beautiful build design but unfortunately it comes with lcd screen which is in my opinion just not comparable to amoled display i know sony marketed it as sony mobile bravia engine but as seen on gsmarena blog it is 95% same to other lcd displays
and also hardware wise it is a bit less for specs hungry andriod os requirements
I am eagerly waiting for n9 availability news
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

LCDs have less tint issues (or none at all). I dont need the AMOLED display anyway. The Bravia Engine on the Xperia Arc has better viewing angles, wont burn the screen and is still readable under sunlight. I've got a friend with an SGS (superAMOLED), and I got an SGSL, and personally, looking at both, I dont really mind the SLCD screen. Also, Androids arent fully optimized to using dual core still, so basically, an SGS2 is overkill, and is more of a battery eater.

This is the same reason why Nokia's tend to have lower CPUs. They really dont need it. They do need more RAM though since people want more and more apps running in the background, but CPUs have never been a problem with Symbian. Putting a 1Ghz on a SYmbian NOW when it wont fully utilize its potential is as pointless as the dual core Droids, they dont fully utilize the potential and speed of their CPUs yet, but they do fully utilize its battery consumption :smileywink: Furthermore, Samsung units have very bad antennas compared to Nokia. But then, so does every other Android phone. Nokia has better hardware than almost anything they can throw, but its a bit lacking on OS looks and apps.

I am personally considering taking a very good look at WP7 when it comes out from Nokia.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Not excited about n9?.......@jimmyireland,@chanchan05
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Whats there to be excited about?its already dead before birth

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Yes it is born before dead :smileyhappy:.......but it is nice hobby to collect antic things especially if it is such sexy as cyan n9 :smileywink:
and i think eventually community will come up with good apps just to make n9 usable for weekends i guess thats what i am expecting from all those developers with n950 as nokia won't be supporting n9!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Not really. Personally I like how WP7 looks. I'll just have to wait first if it develops as fast as android and reach SYmbian level capability in over a year after Nokia's first release of its model.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

wp7 will be usable after mango update and if nokia comes up with wp7 phone with something extra on their side with ui then i will definitely buy one however i am not big fan of tiles
Please use plain text.