Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N5800 phone reboots every 2 -10 min

Contributor
nekadejas

N5800 phone reboots every 2 -10 min

Maybe someone could help with this problem, a soft re-writing, the phonebegan to restart very often, an original wooden soft races enrolled Soft Phoneneisijungia.All even tried nothing helps

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

A Soft reset by dialing *#7370# followed by 12345 (Default security code) when prompted. If you have set your own code, enter that instead. This will erase all your data from the phone memory but reset the phone to Out-of-Box state. I am afraid, you will lose all your data in absense of a Back-up now... as not sure whether the phone will remain ON till the back-up is finished. But surely try a back-up before the Reset. You may take separate back-ups for Contacts, Messages,  Calendar Notes, and so on so that it finishes faster... 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nekadejas

Already tried that does not work, because the soft is not original, and does not allow Original upload it, even do not know what I did

Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

What was the last app you installed before this began? Check that. Also, try changing Network mode from Dual mode to UMTS or GSM, see it that resolves the problem (temporary fix).
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

what is that "Soft Phoneneisijungia"?

by soft rewriting, you mean that you installed a non official firmware to the device?
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

I think that's what the OP means. It doesn't sound like he's running original firmware
Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
stephen3

helloo there,

2 days ago, it took me an hour to upgrade my ovi map to 00-02-43-117.

Recurrent issues occurs in following sequences:

1. Memory Full - appears after max 5-min navigation in HKG, and then suddenly
  2. Deep Orange Color display & change the theme (never installed)
  3. Reboot in every 2 min.

I raised the memory using for Map from 87% -max 90%.  It helps for previous firmware but 100% useless for above new release.

Before the new firmware is available, I had addressed following issues with no feedback so far from Nokia.  

1. Embedded Facebook - Connection error (down) then recover suddenly 1-week ago.  Now the outstanding issues:
    • Invalid server name appears 1/2 out of every connection with home wifi
    • Home page - No response by clicking "More". 
  2. "Add Effect" function on photos suddenly gone

My  dearest engineers in Nokia,

These problems are totally not new to me.   Every time after new firmware release, I have to take my 5800 to Nokia Service and strongly advised not to upgrade to any new release.   Every time, Nokia told me they replaced the LCD display and the mainboard.

Should I take it back again before my 3-month warranty expires on 8-Aug'11?   It's my 4th 3-month warranty extended after every service.

Regards

stephen

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nekadejas

Phoneneisijungia = phone dont on

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nekadejas

I installed anna 6.2 52.101 ver 356 rm,after this i was unable to write any soft again

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

you installed Anna on the 5800?
1: it doesn't support it.
2: you might have damaged the device.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

Is that even an approved site? Shocking..
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Please use plain text.