Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N70 Bluetooth Issues

N70 Bluetooth Issues

Hi hope someone out there can help me.

I recently went from a 6230 to a N70 i use the IVT Bluetooth dongle and the bundled software that comes with it. When i connect to my 6230 i have no issues however if i try and connect to my N70 it finds the device and pairs with it but then comes up with service discovery failed. I presume this is what is causing me to have issues with PC Suite version 6.6.16. I've read through the IVT website and done google serches etc but can't find anything to help.

Hopefully someone here can help :-)

Thanks in advance
Steve
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

The version of Bluesoleil and Windows ? Do you have PC Suite 6.70.22, I would upgrade PC Suite to it.
Please use plain text.

Windows XP Professional with SP2

BlueSoleil 1.61 Release 050120

Steve
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

[ Edited ]
I googled: Bluesoleil 1.6 Windows Xp SP2 and got this:

Re: Bluesoleil Software and Nokia PC suite - SOLUTION
I have been trying for the last few days to get my son's 6230i to connect to the PC. I too have a Bluesoleil bluetooth adaptor which recognises the phone but the NOKIA PC suite didn't. After reading around the web I have found the problem and then the solution - it all has to do with the bluetooth stack included with Windows XP SP2 which is not overwritten when you install the Bluesoleil drivers. You have to rename the original file and then it will get overwritten. To do this:

1. Click Start, click Run, type %windir%\inf in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Right-click Bth.inf, and then click Rename.
3. Rename Bth.inf to Bth.bak, and then press ENTER.
4. Install the Bluesoleil driver.

I downloaded the up-to-date driver from Bluesoleil's website (not sure if I had to, but I did). This is the "BlueSoleil_1.6.1.4_release_050606.zip" on the support/downloads section of the website. When I ran and installed it, I noticed that for the first time the Nokia suite had an animated graphic showing radio waves and then it found my phone!!

Transfering files to the applications/collection folder is now possible

Message Edited by manta on 23-Mar-2006
05:24 PM

Please use plain text.